Update On Cricket

Poor Cricket - prayers and good wishes going to you that she will be on the road to recovery real soon.

:candle:candle:hope:hope

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped in to see her this afternoon, and she didn't look better at all. :( She ate three pieces of chicken crack and seemed happy to see me though. I was in tears driving home though. Snickers went to the bridge in the same room just a few feet away from the crate she's in August. I'm worried I'm going to have to say goodbye to another dog soon. I almost feel as if the MRI will just help convince us that it's time to let her go....

I'm praying really hard now that the chemo works. I might go visit her again this evening with my daughter -- if we can fight the traffic at rush hour.

Keep the prayers flowing!

Go and see her, damn the traffic-

they decline so fast. I am crying with you right now..... :(

Take care driving-

Lisa

Prayers, positive thoughts, and hopes for healing won't stop until you tell us she is "CURED".

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Thinking of you and your girlie this evening.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We got back about an hour ago from visiting Cricket. They moved her into a HUGE corner space with a mesh bed and tons of room. The tech caring for her was so sweet and said she decided to move her there so she had more room and if she leaked (she still needs help walking so she leaks when you push on her bladder.) it wouldn't be hard to clean up. Cricket really does look much more comfortable. She was busy watching all the activity in the room and then she was fed cat food! I was surprised they gave her cat food, but I guess it's highly caloric, not a bad idea before anesthesia. She inhaled it. So, other than the nagging fact that she isn't that mobile yet, she seems in good spirits, is alert and has a great appetite. We sat with her for over an hour and she snuggled with us. It helps so much to know she's isn't overly stressed being there. What really touched me is the really nice vet tech who moved her into the big corner room with a bed was busy hugging every animal goodbye before she went home.

I'm really hoping the spinal tap and MRI give us some answers that we can take positive action on.

Keep the GT prayers flowing. She hasn't gotten any worse, which is good. I felt better this a.m. after talking with the neurologist again because it sounds like his number one choice of diagnoses is still inflammatory/autoimmune spinal cord disease. Not the best thing in the world to be facing, but a much more welcome choice than cancer.

I've searched the topic here and it seems that some dogs have recovered and are able to manage autoimmune spinal cord disease....I hope everything goes well tomorrow. I trust her neurologist to make good choices and I know he's doing the best he can for her. Maybe the spirit of Snickers is watching out for her sister (Snickers died right in the same room where they keep the ICU/overnight dogs.) We're not ready to give up this fight yet.

:goodluck

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Tenderhearts

Doesn't it make all the difference in the world when there is caring staff there? :)

I was so impressed with the staff at the 24 hour facility where Skittle was. They all told me how sweet she was, and they obviously cared about her a great deal.

I'm glad to hear she seems comfortable and alert :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest Zeushounds

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you, Cricket and your family during this difficult time. I do not know if we ever met on one of the GA walks, but I believe we are geographically close enough, if you need anything we will be there for you. :bighug:hope

I've been thinking about Cricket and wondering how she was doing. It sounds like she is in wonderful and compassionate hands for her vet care. Knowing you girl is not stressed will make it so much easier for you to wait for the results. Lots of prayers and good thoughts are going your way from Maine for your sweet Cricket (and a hug for you to help you get thru this difficult time!)

:candle:candle:hope:hope:grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greymom1997

Sending my prayers to you, your family and Cricket for good news today... whatever the news is you'll handle it... you have all of us here praying for you.... I believe in the power of prayer....

What caring vet staff Cricket has. It does make a diffenence...

I just heard from the neurologist and he saw inflammation in different areas of her spinal cord but not in the orignal spot. Essentially it sounds like unless she turns the corner in the next five days she isn't going to get better and it's a quality of life issue. I don't think this is going to be easy at all because she is so mentally alert and still seemingly happy. Her body isn't doing well on the steroids either, so we are running out of options for her.

I don't know how I'm going to get through this. I've been bracing myself all morning to hear this news, and it's really one of the reasons I didn't want to even have the MRI because I didn't feel like it was going to be a good outcome.

Maybe a miracle will happen and the chemo will help her, but it doesn't sound too hopeful. :cry1

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Tenderhearts

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better for you! :cry1:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Continuing prayers for your precious girl, and you are not alone in this! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope