Phillie Has Lost His Battle With Insulinoma

Guest greymom1997

Guest greymom1997

My Phillie passed October 10th on the operating table....

We had a tough time on the way to the hospital... he was seizuring and had become very depressed in the last day... but I layed in the back of the truck next to him for the 45 minute drive to the hospital... I rubbed maple syrup on his gums to stop the seizures...

I was able to spend over two hours with him on the floor all comfortable on a blankie while they prepped him for surgery. It was the most agonizing yet beautiful 2 hours we had spent in weeks. I knew it was all up to the surgeon at that point. I was able to be with him right up to getting him on the table for the anesthesia. My kisses on his muzzle and my voice were the last things he heard and felt as he went under. I am so thankful to Townsend Veterinary Hospital for letting me spend so much time with him. Dr Easley and his staff are true angels...

Sadly, the tumor was the size of a cantelope and attached to too many lobes of the liver to be successfully removed. His spleen was also enlarged and they couldn't even get a look at the pancreas where all of this probably started. They actually let me view the tumor and the spleen. The surgeon felt that Phillie would bleed out if they attempted to remove the tumor and after many tears, I decided to let him go... After seeing with my own eyes there was no denying I had to let my boy go... I spent some time with him alone and then they let him pass on... I felt him take his last breath at 3:05pm...

As you all know this is devastating... I have lost my best friend... in some ways my son...

He joins Hammer and Skip at the Bridge. They are my angels now... I miss them all desperately. I've lost 3 sweet friends in 2 years...

I still have AJ though and that is a blessing... he is having a tough time, but I am being gentle and caring with him... and of course loving him like crazy....

Thank you all who prayed for us... and to my two special angels ... I love you more than words can say!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry. As you said, the last thing he felt & heard was you - he knew he was loved & is no longer in pain. Run free Phillie! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry. Take comfort in knowing your sweet Phillie is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry. I have no doubt he left this world knowing just how much you loved him :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Run free, sweet Phillie, and look for my Lori Ann and Skittle to make you feel welcome! :gh_run

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest SoulsMom

:grouphug Phillie. I'm gonna miss you big guy, Soul will too :cry1 But I know you're waiting at the Bridge, being your noisy, goofy self :kiss2

I'm so sorry Donna. I know how much he meant to you. You did everything you could for your little man :grouphug

f_yellow I'm very sorry to hear about Phillie - I hope you can find inner peace knowing you were with him and comforted him. Most sincerely, Mimi :grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

I'm so sorry. It's been obvious from your posts here how much you loved him. I hoped as you did that he had something fixable.

Run with the wind, beloved boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bowiebears

My deepest sympathy and prayers and thoughts for you.

Having had the experience of two of my furkids crossing to The Bridge in my arms, I know how difficult...and yet how sweet...that experience can be.

Our friends are with us for way too short a period....yet their love continues to bless us ins so many ways.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge!

--isaac