Partial Blitz Update, Sunday 9/30

We were going to visit Blitz today around 1, and I had been just about to call ahead and let them know, when the phone rang and it was the vet at Dogs and Cats.

Blitz is doing better, he also seems to be less anxious. The swelling may have gone down, and his abdominal incision is no longer seeping. His paws are still raw, however.

The weekend vet and the surgeon decided that Blitz would do better at home, as long as we feel up to changing his bandages every other day (just show me what needs to be done!) and apply an abdominal bandage if the incision starts seeping again.

So the weekend vet is working on discharge instructions and getting together medications and hopefully some bandaging material (I have tons of vetwrap but not much cotton padding), and we're to go pick him up at 3.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Very good to hear he's doing better. Hope he continues to improve!!!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glad your boy is coming home today. Is he settling in? Lots more light and :getwell wishes flowing to Blitz. :candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Winterwish

I'm so glad to read Blitz's update of improvement and hope he's home tonite. You'll each be so much happier and relaxed. Once you're settled a bit the two of you'll probably sleep for hours!

:getwell:hope:dogcookie:cookie

He is home - he got here around 4 or so. I'm not sure how long he's going to stay here though - he has not eaten (and I am limited in what I can give him) and it is so difficult for him to move around with his bandages on. He's fallen at least three times so far because his front foot gets caught in something and he just pitches forward. We've also had multiple close calls. He has a lot of difficulty laying down - it takes him about 10 minutes to finally get the nerve up to do it, and we have to reposition his limbs for him once he's down. He's also starting to refuse water, and his whole body and head are twitching a little bit. We were just up not too long ago to go out on a potty trip, and he's finally starting to settle from that. I'm going to give him a little bit longer until I know his heart rate is down, and if he's still twitching, I'm going to call.

His belly does look a little better from what I saw yesterday. He does NOT want the ice pack on his incision - I have to muzzle him to put it into place. The weekend vet thought it was interesting that she could restaple his incision with no problem, but when she picked up one of his hind legs to check on his groin, he got very defensive.

The weekend vet also told us that she's not sure it's a drug reaction as he should be better than he is if it was, but that's really all they have to go on. There's really nothing else they can point to. Maybe we'll get some answers when the final biopsy report comes in.

I guess I should go check on my patient - he's finally all the way over on his side, and it looks like his respiration rate has come down a little. I'm dreading these potty trips - he gets so worked up and it takes forever for him to settle again.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

hugs for you all. hopefully, he will be so tired, he will finally rest. Prayers for Blitz

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Sending more prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LolasMom

I'm so sorry it's so difficult right now. More prayers and well wishes coming to you and Blitz for an easier time. :grouphug

Edited by LolasMom

My heart goes out too, for Blitz and you. He is still in my prayers and I so hope he gets better and does well at home. Looking for another update.