Freddie Is Home

Mary, I am so sorry there wasn't better news. Keeping you and Freddie in my thoughts and prayers.

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are having ups and downs with his eating. Yesterday he ate chicken twice. Last night he ate about 8 little bites of smoked turkey.

Nothing at all today.

We started him on low-dose pred yesterday afternoon.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Come on, sweetheart, gotta eat a bit more than that!

Fingers crossed the pred helps -- it did for us.

You probably already know the 9 billion different things to try feeding ...... One of our best tricks was, if B was interested in anything I was eating, I gave it to him ..... Can't recall just now what made me get him some spaghettios but he liked those. Sometimes I think a person hasn't grown up unless s/he has prepared a neatly divided bowl of canned tripe, spaghettios, scrambled egg, and pureed beef, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top ......

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. Freddie is a special boy.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

I am so very sorry!!!! :grouphug My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I made scrambled eggs with cheese and added a little milk. That didn't work so I added some ice cream and that worked for 2 or 3 bites.

He has never been food motivated anyway except for his turkey necks, but he doesn't want them, either.

We just keep trying anything we can think of and pray he will eat something.

Mary in Houston

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Tootsie was on 10mg of pred twice a day. It took around 24 hours for it to kick in. I also had her on prilosec and carafate.

Do you have someone near that sells Solid Gold products? Get the green tripe. It stinks a lot and they like it. Also, for Tootsie I bought the CORE made by Wellness and she ate it plain. Didn't want anything on it.

Milk Bones were another thing she'd eat.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I'm so sorry, Mary. I know how precious he is to you. We are thinking about you.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

He has had two doses of the pred and pepcid. He just a chicken leg quarter plus a little more. Phew!

I know we are going to lose him to the cancer, but I don't want my baby starving to death.

Tootsie was on 10mg of pred twice a day. It took around 24 hours for it to kick in. I also had her on prilosec and carafate.

Do you have someone near that sells Solid Gold products? Get the green tripe. It stinks a lot and they like it. Also, for Tootsie I bought the CORE made by Wellness and she ate it plain. Didn't want anything on it.

We just got Core cat food. We'll take a run there after church tomorrow and try the CORE dry.

Mary in Houston

Come on now Freddie...LaceyLaine says if you eat she will eat better too! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He has had two doses of the pred and pepcid. He just a chicken leg quarter plus a little more. Phew!

I know we are going to lose him to the cancer, but I don't want my baby starving to death.

We just got Core cat food. We'll take a run there after church tomorrow and try the CORE dry.

Dylan got all the Walmart chicken he wanted. Also cheap roast beef, sliced at the deli fresh, not the pre-packaged stuff. Probably the same, but he liked it sliced fresh better. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****