Peter Passed Away

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

PetersDad and his Mom , would you please come back to GT. I am so sorry about Peter , we all are.

But you have been such a Trooper in keeping us Updated. We just about all have lost a Dear Friend

in our Animals and can very much relate to the Pain you are going through.I wanted you to know.So

please come back .

Sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts.....I know Peter will watch over you and that you miss him very much. Many of us found GT through a grey's illness, I hope you'll continue to stay on board.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest PetersMom

We are still here and are taking things day by day... It just seems with each day comes, there is something else I remember that makes me miss Peter SO much. We know in our hearts that Peter is safe and comfortable and happy- we just miss him terribly. I keep telling myself that "it wasnt his time" and " I wasnt ready for this" but I imagine there is never a perfect time and never would I be ready for this.

Peter was our first Greyhound and he literally stole our hearts. As Petersdad put it "he owned us" and looking back, I wouldnt have it any other way.

There are so many of you with angels and I truly dont understand how to get through this. I feel like Ive lost a child, my best friend.. He was like the frosting on our cake. :(

I understand that as time passes, the pain will be replaced with smiles and a wonderful memories of him. But for now, his empty bed and blankets just break me into pieces.

We have found such a wonderful group of people on this board and we check it so many times throughout the day. We will be here always, for if and when we are ready for new greys in our home, we will first share it with all of you.

Guest PetersMom

Hi everyone, thank you for the posts and this new thread for Peter. I just posted on the other one a bit ago but I meant for it to go here. :huh

We will keep coming back to GT, as its been such a greyt place for support and comfort. We only hope that we will be able to give back the support you all have given us.

I am heartbroken but I know somehow, Peter will help me mend my heart... :brokenheart

Guest bowiebears

Let me add my condolences, thoughts & prayers.

The loss is difficult, and there is no way to get through it except by getting through it. You are doing the only thing you can do. Let your grief be your 'present' for the love Peter gave...and let your love of him overflow and comfort you and yours.

Time will indeed heal your wounds and you will remember all the wonderful, beautiful, funny things Peter did, and how much love is still there.

You may feel that he ripped your heart out when he left, but soon you will know that he only took a part of it, since he wants to have you with im also forever.

And one day we will all be reunited and play together again at The Bridge.

--isaac

Guest loveagrey

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm sure Peter is up there smiling down at you, running free and happy. I'm also sure that when the time is right, he'll help find you the perfect grey to share your home.

Godspeed Peter.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PetersDad

Hello everyone,

We're still here - every 5 minutes, all day long. I think we're just taking more than we can give right now. Seeing all of the doggies, and all of the angels that people have seen off to the bridge - it's amazing to see that some families have bid farewell to 2, 3, 4 or more angels, and still have so many more.

Our home feels so empty with Peter gone - we miss the rattle of his collar when he did "airplane ears" (he used to shake his head so hard that we thought we was going to take off), and the click-click of his nails on the wood floor. We keep expecting his pretty head to pop around the corner, ears up, wondering what we're doing. My wife misses his frantic screaming and singing when he heard the garage door go up, signaling that his mum is home. I miss how he would flop down next to me on the floor and groan when I rubbed his ears.

There are so many things that were just so "Peter", and we miss them all. We are so upset that he was taken away so young and so quickly; it just wasn't enough time. We know that our sadness is a natural part of the process, and we know that wanting him back with us is due to our selfish desire to be able to hold him and scratch his tummy. We know that wherever he is, he's spreading lots of laughter there, as he did here. Our hearts are just having a difficult time catching up to our minds.

There are times that we feel so alone, like no one can possibly imagine the grief and pain that we feel - but all we need to do is read through the forums here at GT to see that people are going through the same thing (or worse), and many have more than one angel. We know that it doesn't get easier with each doggie that crosses the bridge, and we admire you all so much for continuing to open your hearts and homes.

We've already decided that not offering our home to other hounds in need just because of our grief is selfish, when there are so many out there that need people. We will be looking into adopting again very soon, I think. Peter left behind so many beds (5!!!) that could be filled with curled up bundles of happiness; and even though he didn't much like sharing his beds (with people or dogs - he would put his nose on you and breathe until you left), I think he would be disappointed in us if we left them empty.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and wonderful thoughts - and no need to worry about us going anywhere - I'm pretty sure we are GTers for life.

-Kurt

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had followed your threads with much hope in my heart, and was very saddened to hear of the outcome. :f_white

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Kurt,

I think Peter will be very happy knowing you and his Mum are going to open your hearts up to more greyhounds when you are ready.

We all have our Bridge Angels, myself included, and will always remember our special times with them and their special ways with us but we do find ourselves able to open up to the love the next one will bring to us along with their own special wants and needs.

Peter will always be in your heart and you will always thank him for showing you the way of the greyhound as you share your life with another or several hounds.

Kathy

Edited by 4blackgreys

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge