Prayers Are Needed For Autumn~ Update

Guest crazy4greys

Guest crazy4greys

Tonight Autumn got up from laying down in the crate and screamed and went 3 legged. I brought her to the vet. Looking at the xrays, there is dark shadow on her left hip joint. It is probably cancer. :cry1

She got a shot for the pain and we are going back in the morning for possible xrays as I couldn't leave her there. Looking at her in pain and hardly using her "good" right leg, I am not sure what to do.

I may not put her through anymore pain and send her to the bridge to be with her buddy Phoenix tomorrow.

It is tough making these decisions, but seeing her like that is not fair. :(

I am heartbroken. :crying:crying:crying:crying

Please send your prayers for Autumn, she needs them. Thank you.

Edited by crazy4greys

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I hope that someday Health and Medical will be free of the cancer posts. Maybe talk to your vet and see what pain meds she can take...I know Snickers did well on the Metacam for awhile. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest Snowy8

:candle I'm so sorry she's hurting....I'll keep you both in my prayers :hope until we get good news! I don't blame you at all for not letting her go thru further pain. :candle

My pups are sending prayers too... :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

Edited by Snowy8

Guest tricolorhounds

Dear Autumn,

I hope you are feeling better after getting that shot. I'm sure if you give your Momma the look, she will supply you with all the yummy treats she can find and shower you with love.

Thinking of you :grouphug

Edited by tricolorhounds

Guest WarmheartedPups

If you can get ahead of the pain...it may buy you some quality time.

I am so sorry...I will be thinking of you.

Guest crazy4greys

Autumn has been going to the chiropractor and acupuncturist since January. She recently started water therapy. She is on 9 tramadol a day, along with previcox and Traumeel. It is arthritis and narrowing of the disc spaces pressing on the nerve. Now with the xray. :(

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, this is really hard. :cry1

I am sooo sorry!!! Lots of prayers as you make your decision! :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Sending prayers and bright white light of hope. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

prayers for comfort, peace and strength. know one knows Autumn like you do.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no! What a horrible situation. Still hoping... :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry, sending prayers and gentle ear scritches for Autumn. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg