Goods Has A Lump On Inside Of Back Right Leg

I don't have a pic, but this lump just appeared out of nowhere it seems. Its about the size of a small grape if you cut it in half. It's dark in color (his legs are white so it stands out against his fur) and you can move it around.....it's squishy.

I'm calling the vet tomorrow.... what do you think? I'm a bit worried.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it attached or can you feel all the way around it? Maj has a lump on his leg that you can feel all the way around it. It's been there for about 3 years now and the vet said it was a fatty lump (I think that's what he called it) I'd get it checked just incase if you've never noticed it before. When I first discovered Maj's I got it checked just to be on the safe side. He has it in his chart and measures it everytime we go.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

no idea, but tons of good thoughts......

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Is it attached or can you feel all the way around it? Maj has a lump on his leg that you can feel all the way around it. It's been there for about 3 years now and the vet said it was a fatty lump (I think that's what he called it) I'd get it checked just incase if you've never noticed it before. When I first discovered Maj's I got it checked just to be on the safe side. He has it in his chart and measures it everytime we go.

I'd say you can feel it all the way around, although he didn't like me poking at it (not that I blame him). Thanks BJ, I appreciate your reply, and I'll take him to the vet just to be sure. Glad Maj is ok.

Diane

Sounds like it could be a histiocytoma--a benign tumor that quite often is found on young dogs all though it could be found anywhere on the body it is common to find them on the limbs. Most often they will resolve on their own but, please do get it checked out by your veterinarian. He/she will most likely want to do a fine needle aspirate of the lump. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

yeah Maj doesn't like when I poke around on his either :lol

But hopefully it's just one of those "fatty" things :hope Good Luck at the Vet :)

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest brooney

One of my pups has a lipoma (fatty lump) I traced around it on paper and dated it but it hasn't changed for several months. The vet said observe it for changes but otherwise don't worry.

Sounds like it could be a histiocytoma--a benign tumor that quite often is found on young dogs all though it could be found anywhere on the body it is common to find them on the limbs. Most often they will resolve on their own but, please do get it checked out by your veterinarian. He/she will most likely want to do a fine needle aspirate of the lump. Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

:nod :nod

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest SoulsMom

Archie has two of them(non-grey). One is the size of small plum. He hates it when I mess with it. The vet just checks it every year to make sure it's not changing.

Let us know what the vet says!

Definitely good to get it checked out. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

What did the vet say? :hope

What did the vet say? :hope

I actually have an appointment Saturday afternoon at 2:00. They didn't seem too concerned when I explained it but they do want to look at it.

Thanks everyone. I'll post as soon as I know for sure. I am less worried now, after reading your posts and talking to my vet :)

Diane

Guest SquanHound

Ping has had a pea-sized lump on the front of his shoulder for the last two years. Vet said it was fine as long as it doesn't change shape or texture. I hope the same is true for Goods!!

Just checking in for an update but I see I am too early for that.

Hugs and scritches to you and goods, you can divide them as you see fit :lol

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Sending more prayers that this is just a nothing thingy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest sbd1849

Jet had a dime sized lump on her left front leg. My vet said it was a histiocytoma and said it should be removed because of its location. Had that done several days ago, she did very well, and today I got results of the biopsy: a benign tumor, an "ulcerated lymphocitic inflammatory nodule." If something has to happen, that is what I hope this is for you.