Good News!

ok so we don't want to over react but we took saullie to the surgeon

saull was diagnosed 4.5 weeks ago with bone cancer.

he had just had a major operation to reset his broken leg as they didn't see osto in xray or during surgery

but when the biopsy came back it came back with osto (bone cancer)

of course we were devesated.

we decided against amputation as he will be 11 aug 1

we put him on super low carb diet evo, artemisin 200 at night

pumpkin, sardines, and cooked beef

antibiotics and rimidal

well today they took more xrays and they can't see the cancer

the surgeon said not to get our hopes up too high but he thought after the surgery the cancer would have spread but he still can;t see it

i asked could it have been a misdiagnosis in the biopsy. he said if saullie is here in a year then we will say yes

he bone isn't healing as much as vet would like but he isn't in pain, eating and even jumped into the suv with that huge brace on his shoulder

vet told us if he isn't in pain we don't have to give him the rimidal.

and not to change what we are doing!!!

Iris

www.ligc.org

Wow. Well all fingers and toes crossed.You go Saul!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Prayers for Saullie. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Praying this keeps up.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Wow! That's SUCH excellent news. Miracles CAN happen. :hope

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

:yay:yay EXCELLENT NEWS :yay:yay

If he was mine, I don't know that I would let him jump into the suv or do much running till he is healed. :dunno

:yay:yay EXCELLENT NEWS :yay:yay

If he was mine, I don't know that I would let him jump into the suv or do much running till he is healed. :dunno

no we didn't let him jump into the suv the vet tech was about to pick him up and put him in the suv and he jumped into it

we leasch walk him he is never off the it

Iris

www.ligc.org

• 2 weeks later...

IRIS! I JUST READ THIS. HOW FREAKING FABULOUS... I DO BELIEVE, I DO BELEIVE, I DO BELIEVE.....

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest practicepiano

Wow! Iris, I hadn't seen this post before today.

That's great! Hope he is free and clear for a long time to come!

Thanks everyone. Please keep saullie in your thoughts. so far he isn't in any pain. he really isn't using the leg that was broken.

he goes back in a few weeks for another xray to see if he is healing. we don't want to know if the cancer is visible.

Iris

www.ligc.org