Bullett, Now An Angel

Guest blastsmom

Guest blastsmom

I am not to sure how far I can get with this, as it is two weeks today that my boy crossed the bridge----5 wks after the diagnosis......

I want to thank all of you so very much, I cannot begin to even begin naming everyone. Shelly, Pippismom, my wonderful sister, who knew I just could not post....... and there are some very special people who called and IM'd me...thank you! I am really, really having a hard hard time with this one.

When Boo Boo was diagnosed...I was in disbelief. I knew that it was quite prevalent in greys, but not MY dog....no way. I can remember getting the PM from Kriss333 regarding him being Blast's true brother. How cool is that to have siblings??? and they were like night and day. He was GUR'd from Quad Cities to our town, along with another sibling of another pupper to join her family. When I went to pick him up.....oh my gosh.....I was picking up a moose!! He was close to 90 lbs!! Taller than you can believe, and a tail as long as the horizon! My mom was along, and all we kept saying.....my ex-dh was going to kill me when he saw the size......well, quite the opposite!

In the beginning, he was a bit timid of John, but as time went on, he began to look for him. And John loved him right back. Ben was attached to him like a magnet. He was "HIS" dog.....and not anyone was going to ever take him! We used to do meet'n greets with him... he would always be right up front....leaning on the next available person, with chattering teefers! I cannot tell you how many times I heard..."We'll take this one!" In the beginning, Ben was afraid to even take him....for fear someone would. I explained over and over....no way....this guy is mine! (all the time as Princess Blast lay in the back of the table, not even paying attention to anyone around her)

For the first week, Blast just laid around, so very pitiful. She barely ate. walked with her head hanging low. When I would leave to go to work, she would cry and cry...I could hear as I walked to my car. How heartbreaking. Leo, my beagle, would sit by the front door, whining.....like..."Hey....where is my big brother???"

Like said so many times before, time heals all wounds. Boy, this is going to take a lot of time. I come home from work, and still look for him. Maybe hoping I will wake up from this horrible nightmare that my boy is gone. I was not ready to let him go----not at all! My heart breaks every time I think of him, which is 99% of my day!

He was just a wonderful part of my life, my family. I miss him so! I miss his goofiness.....he was so big and dopey. I miss that. The last night he was here with us, there was no way in hell he was sleeping downstairs. He hobbled, 3 legs and all..... up the stairs to the bedroom.

What I believe is the hardest part......Saturday, the day he did break his leg, he was fine. He was on "comfort care" meds.... and we even had him in the pool. He loved the pool...loved the water. He was in there, paddling so calmly. When he got out, he did the infamous "shake" --- sending water flying everywhere, did a play bow and spun around....that was when he slipped and shattered the leg. I still hear the "crying" in my head. I held him. I just kept holding him and telling him Momma was there......Boo never liked to show me he was in pain. I swear he knew he would hurt me if I knew. At the e-vet, when the decision was made, I could almost see the look of relief in his eyes. At that point, I knew I had made the right choice. And believe me, it is the hardest choice in the world to make.

I really can't write any more, as my heart is literally starting to hurt. I know he is pain free...and that does help, but gosh, I miss him.....

thanks to everyone.....you all have no idea what it means to know so many people care, and so many have had to send their babies to the bridge. I know Boo is not alone, and he is playing and swimming......etc

I do need to go now.....

hugs,

Terri

Edited by blastsmom

Thank you for sharing your story. I know how painful it is to write since we just lost Oliver to a stroke 2 weeks ago. I'm sure Oliver was on the other side of the bridge asking Bullet if he'd brought any cookies with him. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry, I can feel the love and pain you are in, I wish I did not have to know its intensity, but I do. :bighug to you and

Run free with the angels Bullet, you are with some of the very best.

Oh Terri, I can't tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your sweet baby boy. My heart hurts with you. A huge hug to you and some day you will be reunited with your baby boy. Godspeed sweetheart, you were loved so much.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending hugs.

Run free at the bridge, Bullett, with all of our angels.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Sending prayers for your heart to heal. It is the hardest decision we ever have to make, but it is the right one.

We do it because we love them so much.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest sassichari

My prayers are with you and your family. You did the best for your beloved Bullett. He is running pain free with all of our bridge babies.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)