Lola Is Home From Surgery!

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Thank you all for the prayers, support, good thoughts, etc. We are finally home.

She did very well. I cannot say enough good things about the University of Florida small animal hospital. They are fantastic.

Lola did surprise everyone in the recovery room by slipping out of her E-collar. They had to rig up a temporary contraption to keep it on her head, so we would love to have any suggestions on how to do this for the next 2 weeks.

Thanks again everyone.

post-2911-1184190783_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad she is home!! :)

My Renie had to wear an e-collar for three weeks after a surgery and she of course hated it. I attached to her tag collar. For Renie, once she felt like eating, I took the collar off of her so she could eat (supervised of course) and then put it back on as soon as she finished her meal.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

So happy for you and Lola! She's a beautiful girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending gentle hugs and continued prayers for the beautiful Miss Lola. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest argolola

Thanks everyone. She is so miserable. She won't take her meds, won't eat, won't pee pee. She is sooooooooo mad at me and is using all her efforts to get the lampshade off.

The vet told us how smart greys are and will come up with ideas on how to "scratch" the eye. She said one grey piled up pillows and blankets to wedge inside the cone and scratched so much, he ended up losing his eye.

Will the soft e-collar keep her from scratching? If so, where do I get one?

Edited by argolola