Ohk Black Falcon

MorganAndGreys

Today my world fell apart.... my beautiful Falcon went to the Bridge while I held him in my arms. He ate most of his breakfast of chicken and rice, had a little walk outside around the house, lots of pets, hugs and scritches before I took him in. He was in pain from his LSS and the lymphoma was taking it's toll on his beautiful body. He was just skin and bones and I couldn't be selfish any longer. He was 13.5 and had a good life.

The Sunday before Thanksgiving in 1998, just before his 5th birthday, Falcon came to his forever home with us. He was 2 daysoff the track, his black coat dirty and dull. He stayed one night in a crate, and I put it away forever. He learned so quickly! Since then, he has been a wonderful companion, funny boy, cookie scammer, friend to his Rotti girl Addie and greyhound girlie Shiloh, both lost and mourned by him. Now he is frolicking at the Bridge with them, waiting for us to join them all some future day.

Falcon was always a spooky but lovable hound, a champion of meet and greets where he was a greyt ambassadog! I hope to think he turned a lot of people on to the wonderful greyhound breed just by being himself.

He will be sadly missed by Rick, me, his faithful sleeping companion Kat, and all who knew him.

Have a gentle journey my sweet boy. I love you and miss you already.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Our furkids are truly blessings from on high....

we have them for much too short a time.

One day, we will all be together at The Bridge.

--isaac

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:f_red:bighug

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Guest Tenderhearts

May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Falcon, please say hi to Skittle and Lori Ann for me, sweetie.