Zeus 11/21/98- 4/22/07

mom2zeus

Zeus passed peacefully in his sleep this afternoon. He went on his own terms and in his own time.

Zeus came into our lives November 1, 2000. He was our first greyhound and taught us a lot. Neither Tom or I had ever had a greyhound or even a dog. We had both grown up with cats. But we fell in love with the breed and Zeus is the one who started it all. He was our protector and as Suzy then Milky, then Annie and most recently Lincoln came into our house he protected them. He also saw himself as the protector of the felines of the house. He never met a cat he didn't like and never understood why the kitty's a the vets office didn't like him. When we would go to events we had to watch Zeus carefully. He felt the need to mark the girls. Guess he wanted he other dogs to know they were his girls. He never tried it with Lincoln but we were wise to him by then and Lincoln never really stayed in one place long enough for Zeus to get his aim right. :rolleyes: But he did teach Lincoln a lot. When Lincoln first came home he would follow Zeus around an do what ever Zeus did. Zeus taught him how to be a big boy. And Zeus surprised me by accepting Lincoln into the family. I have so many storied I want to share about my big boy but right now it's just to hard to type them through the tears. Zeus took a huge part of my heart with him today but I wouldn't trade the last six and a half years for anything. No mater how much my heart is hurting right now. And I know Zeus will send another grey that needs us when he knows we're ready. We love you boy and miss you but know that you're now pain free and running on all four legs. I'm sure Annie met you. You two play nice and try to stay out of trouble.

100_0159.jpg

100_0157.jpg

Thanksgiving-11.jpg

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will miss you big boy. Zeus the Moose, Zeusy. You gave us many happy years. All the places we went and saw. All the miles we traveled together. Your whipperwhirl tail when you met us at the door when we got home and the way you protected all of us. Trish and I will always remember those memories.

Run free sweet Zeus. I am sure you are playing and running with Annie.

Ballfield-137.jpg

Dewey-017.jpg

zeusbd-02.jpg

d2psig.jpg

I'm so sorry. He was beautiful.

Run free, sweetheart. f_yellow:f_white

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Godspeed, Zeus. And hugs to your humans. Send them a sign that you made it up there okay.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Zeus I will miss your sweet protective personality. It was truly amazing to watch you protect your girls. I will miss your goofy over bite. What a handsome boy you were and made so many laugh. Thank you for that. I know your mommy and daddy are devastated right now but the time will come when you will send another special pup their way.

I have no doubt that Annie Fannie was at the bridge to greet you and show you around. Now you are whole and able to run like the wind. Your job here was done and you were needed elsewhere, but that doesn't lesson the pain and heartache of your passing. I know how much you meant to your mommy and daddy so you have to send them a rainbow when you can.

Trish and Tom please accept my deepest condolences. Thank you for sharing Zeus with me. I was very fortunate to have known him and to love him.

Godspeed sweet sweet boy! I will miss laughing at you and laughing at your silly over bite. Until we meet again Zeus, I will never forget you and will always love you handsome boy.

:weep:grouphug:f_white:angelwings:angel:gh_run:grouphug

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to say goodbye to a cherished friend. May your memories bring peace to your aching hearts.

Run free, sweet Zeus.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

My heart is aching for you. :cry1 No matter how much time we have, it's never enough... and the empty hole in our heart feels vast. :brokenheart Godspeed, brave Zeus. Fly like the wind on your new wings, and roo with all of our beloved Bridge angels. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.