Big Jim Cochran

Guest MomofCash

Guest MomofCash

I am posting this in memory of one of GPA/LA's babies ... BJ was enjoying the good life, living with our President for the last 15 months of his life. This was Judi's email to us ... God Speed Big Jim ... :gh_run

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dear friends -

As most of you know, Big Jim, aka BJ, was diagnosed with bone cancer in January. He was a trooper and never complained about pain or immobility. Until early last week, BJ would still frolic, run and play with the other guys. But a few days ago, BJ seemed to begin wearing out. I could see, in his eyes, that he was... just tired. He did continue to eat, mostly because he was getting no kibble and most of his favorite things: turkey, steak, and the like. And he drank like he was bottomless.

At the same time he noticeably became weary, he began to develop small lumps all over his body - neck, back, groin, chest - some in 'clusters' and some single lumps. Dr. Gerard even noticed one on his tail.

Jim came to me after being labeled a "bad dog" - didn't like cats, kids or other dogs and I was told he should be an only dog. He was a joy for the 15 months he was a McGovern boy. Sweet, affectionate and one of my most gorgeous fellows ever! Dr. Gerard helped him to cross the Bridge today, while I kissed and hugged him and urged him to run and soar with all the wonderful pets who have passed before.

It doesn't ever get easier to lose one - I will miss him immensely!

Judi

BIG JIM COCHRAN

Sunrise 3/13/1996 - Sunset 3/31/2007

Jim_thumb.jpg

Edited by MomofCash

Godspeed, Big Jim.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.