Gracie-a True Rescue

packmom

Gracie was a true rescue story. She was found wandering beside a back road in freezing weather. Picked up by a vet office worker who was lost. She was a brood from a horrible situation and they didn't want her back. Called her Old Hag. She was about 9. Had lived outside. She came to our group, She was playful and happy to be warm. Gracie went to be spayed today and they found mammary tumors. They decided to do the spay and remove the tumors. She came through fine but in recovery her heart stopped and she could not be revived. Poor old girl was just beginning the good life.

Gracie3.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:(:( Oh sweet beautiful Angel Gracie...run free and fast. You are loved and missed sweetheart. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, sweetheart, I'm sorry you didn't get your couch this side of the bridge. Hugs to those who helped you.

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Gracie looks so happy in the picture....she has made it to the good life. :candle:gh_run

Run with all our angels Gracie.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I look at that happy face and my heart just breaks. It kills me when a well loved hound goes to the bridge, but somehow when it's a hound who is just starting out to a wonderful new life.... :brokenheart

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest GreyFox

What a beautiful sweet-looking girl. At least she had a taste of the good life and knew she was loved.

Godspeed, Gracie, noone will call you Old Hag again.

Guest KennelMom

:cry1 :cry1 What a beautiful hound. I'm so sorry she didn't get to have more of the good life she deserved.

Godspeed, sweet girl....you will have lots of hugs and kisses and fun at the Bridge.