Dixie... Ready This Time

GreyTzu

Our little Dixie Roo Who has gone to the bridge. She was our spooky little girl who had both Kevin and I wrapped around her paw. She was the Queen of the Catch as she never missed a tossed treat. Pink was her color because she always had a devilish glint in her eye and a sly grin on her face. Playing tuggie with Rocky and dragging him down the hall alway made us laugh. True to her spook nature, she never met a stranger she liked. And in true Dixie style, she loved every bullysitx that came her way. And let's not even mention the cat puke she always so thoughtfully recycled for me. She always mugged us for more treats or ear rubbies. Her room was the guest bathroom and there she would lay, waiting for belly rubs when we-- well, you know. She was an absolute joy in our house and a song in our hearts.

We adopted her in January 2001 and she stole our hearts from that day forward. Just as quick as she would snag a treat in the air, she was gone.

Dixie, I love you my sweet little spooky girl.

Sweetheart

84cc3384.jpg

She always slept with her front legs crossed.

29858966.jpg

Step away from the camera:

01ca7def.jpg

Wake me when it's dinner time:

53f62c0c.jpg

Dixie and Rocky:

804IMAGE031.JPG

Camo Dixie:

804dixiep2.jpg

So coy...

804dixiecoy.jpg

Dixie and a naked Rocky:

804dixierocky.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KennelMom

I'm so sorry, Wendy :grouphug Dixie sounds like an incredible girl to share your life with :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Dixie...Run fast and free at the Bridge with all of our babies there waiting for us. :gh_run2

Guest greyhoundis

I think it takes a very special person to take a spook and let them know they are loved and safe with patience and perseverance. I think Dixie found those qualities in your home.

Dogspeed sweet Dixie - lots of bridge kids waiting to help you on your next journey.

So beautiful...

:f_pink

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Wrapping you and Kevin in warm thoughts. I hope your hearts will sing again one day, in memory of your sweetest girl.

Godspeed, Dixie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry she had to leave. May God bless you and Kevin and heal your broken hearts. Thank you for giving Dixie the best home.

Guest ShelbyzMom

I'm so sorry Wendy, I can't even begin to imagine the pain you and Kevin are in right now. Just know that my thoughts are with you :grouphug:f_red

Godspeed sweet Dixie

Wendy, I am so, so sorry. When I got your message yesterday, I was in shock just as I suspect you were. I spent the day crying and wishing I lived closer to you so that I could be there with you. You know you have my shoulder any time and I would have been there in a heartbeat.

Give Kevin a hug for me until I can do it in Dewey and ear scritches to the other pups.

Run free sweet Dixie. I wish I could have met you in person. Please go find Jezebel, Tami's cat who went to the bridge this week and she will show you the ropes along with Joe and all the other bridge babies.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Wendy,

I am so sorry for your loss. She was obviously a very special and beautiful girl. You were both so lucky to have found one another.

Hugs to you and Kevin.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oh, Wendy, I am so sorry. Spooks are special pups that worm their way into our hearts.

We share your pain. Big hugs for you and Kevin and your gang.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Oh, Wendy, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Dixie. You gave her the greatest gift of all - a safe place to rest her head, to play, and parents who knew to give her just what she needed ... the patience to allow her to establish her place in your home and your hearts. I'm so sorry for your loss... you and Kevin are in my thoughts today...

:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug:grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)