Charlie: 18 July 1993 - 15 February 2006

Guest GraveleyGrey

Guest GraveleyGrey

I had my lovely boy Charlie for 10 wonderful years, but of course this was not nearly enough. He was gentle, kind and loyal and we shared some wonderful times together. I chose peaceful euthanasia for him when he lost the use of his back legs at the age of 12 years and 7 months. I am slowly coming to terms with losing him and it helps me to look back over all the happy times we had together over the years - here are some pictures:

He loved being at the beach.

post-10549-1148204012.jpg

He was very beautiful and won lots of prizes at greyhound shows and won his class at Crufts in 2002 - I was very proud of him - he was 11 years old in this photo.

post-10549-1148204102_thumb.jpg

This was taken on our last holiday together in Norfolk, England in October 2005.

post-10549-1148203815_thumb.jpg

Here he is a month before the end, the last time we went on our favourite walk.

post-10549-1148204219_thumb.jpg

Rest in peace, Charlie, until we meet again.

Guest Tenderhearts
I am slowly coming to terms with losing him and it helps me to look back over all the happy times we had together over the years.

Time will lessen the pain, I promise. I have finally gotten to the point I can remember my Bart with smiles. I am so sorry for your loss; he was a gorgeous boy :wub: May God hold your aching heart in his hands. :grouphug Run free, sweet Charlie! :gh_run

Charlie was beautiful. You can tell not only was he beautiful on the outside but on the inside too...gentle, kind and loyal. Sending sympathy to you at this time. Run pain free Charlie.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so sorry for your loss. f_yellowf_yellow He looks magnificent in his photos.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Thank you sharing your precious boy with us. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh Charlie...such a handsome and beautiful Angel. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry!!!

he was a very handsome pup!!! :f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest rsqdogsmom

What a regal, beautiful boy!

I am so sorry for your loss.

My Heartdog, Murphy, lost the use of her back legs at 13 years and 4 months.

I helped her cross the Bridge on Jan.7,2006. :(

Just because we know that its right, to let them go when their quality of life would be so compromised,

does not make it any easier, I know.

The time with them seems so short in retrospect and, now, without them, it just seems to drag.

Rejoice in his life and your memories.

He will always be with you in spirit until you meet again at the Bridge.