Such A Sad Time

Guest armanntoo

Guest TaniandMalachy

Oh how dreadfully sad. I'm so sorry. Please don't blame yourself...as someone else said "There, but for the grace of God...".

:bighug

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so sad. I'm so sorry. :f_white Joe look for Susie and take care of her for me.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

I'm very sorry to read that :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry. Joe will live on forever in your heart and memories.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Run free now you beautiful brindle boy. Give yourself peace, you gave him love and had no responsibility in the tradegy. God speed sweet Joe. :(

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest PhillyPups

Many prayers and tears here for sweet Joe. He is up there with some of the best of them.

Run Free In The Wind JOE

Guest jettcricket

Oh....I am so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine how you all must feel....but please don't beat yourself up. We do our best in trying to find just the right homes for these special babies. Sometimes it's huge leap of faith that we entrust these dogs to strangers and it's beyond our control.

Again....I am so sorry. Crying here in Jersey. :(

Guest DoofBert

Sometimes we cannot understand why God wanted another greyhound angel. ...... We are not meant to, I guess.

But remember the gentle hugs and the happy smiles this boy brought to your home. Let these happy thoughts replace the pain and self doubt!

Guest rsqdogsmom

My heart aches for your loss.

There is no way you could have possibly predicted this tragedy.

Bless you for your efforts to find a good home for Joe.

I am so sorry. We cannot know everything that will happen when these dogs leave. You did everything you could and then some - you loved Joe. And I think for a dog to know that bond with a human is as fulfilling for them as it is for us. He doesn't know it was only for a short time, as I do not think they measure time the same way we do - he just knows he loved and was loved. And now he knows he will see you again, some day. It's not "good-bye" but rather "until we meet again"...

Run free Joe... :gh_run

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest First1Luiggi

That is so sad :cry1 I am so sorry.

I know it's hard not to, but please don't beat yourself up. You know in your heart you wanted only the best for him. He knew it too.

Guest 6greyhounds

Ever since I heard about Joe's passing the tears will not stop. I feel that if I had not brought him up from Florida with his sibling Jams Beryl P aka Belle he might still be alive. We only had him in our life 3 days and he was the sweetest, gentlest pup I have seen. I did not have the opportunity as Carole had to be on the farm with him and his siblings (there were 7). He was confined to a motel room and a cargo van and did not cause any problems. He was a perfect gentleman at all times and that poor boy had to put up with 6 girls, me and my husband. This boy should not have died, he should still be here with us but in a different environment. If Vicky had listened after the first incident to Martha and a few other people she had asked advice off of he would not be dead. When we handed him over we told her until she know his disposition with her other grey to keep him muzzled, she did not. I do not know if the person who arranged this adoption knew she had a doggy day care & boarding business. Joe was not small animal tested or anything else he came right out of the kennel to me just as his sibling Belle did. When he bit the Iggy was he playing with it? We often have to tell Belle that Hershey (our smallest greyhound) is not a squeaky toy when they start playing. One time when he bit Monty Vicky was playing with Monty but not Joe and I know with my pack you cannot play with one and not the other. If you want to give only one play time then do it when you are alone with them. I learned my lesson when the ones that were not involved got a little aggressive. If you to another post you will see how vicious she has made him out to be. I know he wasn't, there was something in that house that caused these problems and I do believe it has something to do with her business. She did not want him to bark, if he hears the other dogs in her care barking he is going to bark - mine bark if they hear another dog even on the TV. She said on this site she was giving him Melatonin - Melatonin is given to humans to sleep - what was she doing to him. I wish I knew then (when I brought him North) what I know now I would never have brought him up with me and then maybe I would not shed all these tears which I am doing now

Edited by 6greyhounds

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry, how tragic....I noticed his name was Jam and he was a red brindle like my Jam...I know they are together.....

I'm very sorry such a good pup like Joe was lost so tragically :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...