Two New Stars At The Rainbow Bridge

Guest greytgreymom

Guest greytgreymom

Bone cancer - I HATE IT! It steals so much from so many - and now, it's taken two more from our family.

Gable Adriana came to H.O.T. in April 2001. She was adopted into a family - who, without our knowing, placed her in another home in 2003. Apparently, Adriana would escape from that backyard. Adriana found her way back to H.O.T. due to a telephone call we got about a loose Greyhound with no collar or tags. After checking the tattoos, we determined who she was and back she came. Adriana was a typical Gable pup. Funny, loving, and just a joy to have around. Adriana broke her leg late in 2005. We assumed it had healed successfully, until she started limping three weeks ago. Osteo had set it. We helped Adriana cross the Bridge yesterday at the age of 9 years young while we held her.

Rapido Bruno was a big, goofy guy who came to us one day prior to Old Fella's leaving us. Scott and I always felt that Bruno found his way to us to help us deal with Old Fella's passing. Bruno was two months shy of his 11th birthday when he arrived with his thick, never-ending wagging tail and a giant grim on his face. He was found by a gal while he was strolling down a country lane. After a week of trying to find his owner, the gal called our group for assistance. We went to get him, identified him by his ear tattoos, called his racing owner (who hadn't even known he was missing) who asked us, "you want him?" With that, Bruno became our most "handsome boy". Over the past year, Bruno kept us entertained with his antics. You never saw Bruno without a wagging tail and grin - even with the lump on his face, he never complained. His tail was the thickest I'd even seen on a Greyhound and the wag could knock you over. He was always so happy.

About a month ago, we noticed a slight swelling on his cheek. We took him to his vet to have him checked - hoping it was an abcess or a bug bite, but fearing what it was. Bone cancer on his right cheek bone. The vet said the cells were growing so rapidly that he could see them dividing on the slide. Bruno remained upbeat and loving, but the last week he was definitely showing signs of further problems. A limp started in his right front leg. His personality changed. He just wasn't "Bruno". We decided it was time. Bruno died in our arms at the vet's yesterday.

Today, Adriana and Bruno come home to lay to rest next to the others who have passed before. Last night, there were two new stars in the southern sky.

Cheryl

My heart just breaks when I read this. I hate cancer.

I am so sorry for your losses.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest rsqdogsmom

I am so sorry for your loss. How hard it is to lose one, let alone two at the same time. :(

Perhaps they just needed to be together for this last trip......

At least they were not alone......

Bless you for loving these beautiful pups.

Guest Billy_thundersmom

I am so very sorry. I lost mine on Wed to bone cancer and I cannot for one minute imagine losing two. :f_white

I am so sorry!

Farewell Adriana and Bruno.. may you watch over you Mum and protect her and her pack.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm so sorry. The pain you are feeling right now must be immense. Remember the good days you had with them and they with you.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. Run free sweet beautiful Angels...run with our babes at the Bridge...Until we meet again. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:f_pink:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My heart is breaking for you and Scott. :cry1 Just the words "bone cancer" gives me a sick feeling in my gut. :( Your poor puppers... I'm so very sorry for your loss of these precious souls. Godspeed, sweet pups... :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I too hate this damn bone cancer. I lost my heart boy last summer from the beast. It hurts terribly. The sky will be extra bright with these 2. I am glad they both knew true love at the end. that's what it's all about. May you find peace and remember the wonderful memories in the coming days.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

i'm so sorry...i can't imagine losing two on the same day, esspecially with old fella having passed so recently :grouphug:f_red:f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your losses. Adriana and Bruno were truly lucky to have had your love, and you will have the memories. In time may they bring you peace and ease the pain in your heart.

Run free, sweet Adriana and Bruno

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to say farewell (for now) to both Adraina and Bruno :cry1:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!