Dreams

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Dear Harley boy,

I don't know why I'm dreaming about you again... maybe you're saying hello... or maybe I'm supposed to get something from these dreams... or maybe I'm just missing you again. Whatever the reason it's so good to see you again.

In the dream we on the beach at the ocean... In real life you and I never went to the ocean together... we spent our vacations camping and hiking in the woods.

There are other people at the beach... and lots of other dogs running and playing... but you and I sit alone... back from the others... I am playing with you the way we always did... I'd growl at you and you'd growl back and act like you were biting me...

I always end up grabbing your face to make you smooch me... and it's then that I realize that this is a dream. Because when you look at me with your handsome face... Your eyes aren't milky like they should be... Instead they are your puppy eyes... the ones that were an amber-brown and filled with light. It dawns on me that I need to snatch you up in that moment... because you're gone and I need to hold on to this moment... But when I hug you -- you think I am playing and start zipping around...

So we play tag for a bit... But the dream always ends the same way... you running off and I realize that I can not go where you are going. That's when I wake up... It's always the same.

In 6 nights I've had this dream 4 times. Maybe when I have it again (and I hope I do) maybe I can get my arms around your barrel chest and hold you for a while.

I miss you my handsome man... my tuff guy.... my idiot detector.... my clown.... my best friend.

Loving you always,

Mom

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Thanks for the hugs... but it's not a sad dream... and it doesn't make me sad that I have it.

I just wake up with a strange feeling likes it's supposed to MEAN something. I just started a new job.... maybe its stress coming out as a weird dream. I guess I should be happy it's not a bad dream! :lol

Yes Harley was a true idiot detector.... he could spot a moron from a mile away... it was uncanny... he was always right. :P

And yes Harley was very special.... you can ask anyone who ever met him... If you ask my dad about him (and my father lived 2000+ miles from us and maybe saw him a couple dozen times... and my father is not a man who cries... and if you mention Harley's name he will still tear up... as do most of my friends) He was a rockin' dog! :colgate

Guest vahoundlover

I think he's watching out for you..he knows your under a lot of stress...he's helping you work through it. He wants you to know he's ok.

Guest BaileyMom
I think he's watching out for you..he knows your under a lot of stress...he's helping you work through it. He wants you to know he's ok.

That's what I believe too. :grouphug

I hope you get that hug next time. :gh_child

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

:wub::wub: I believe Harley is telling you he is okay, mommy.....until we meet again....

I have had two very specific dreams about my bridge boy Jakey...he was our cat of 15 years before adopting my precious Symba in June and both dreams I woke up feeling somehow it was his way of telling me he was okay....because we have his picture in every room of our house and I talk to him and ask him if he is okay a lot....

Until you and Harley are able to hug again....this is his way of feeling you close to him also...

:blush not to go on and on but I wanted to add that I have recently read a few books on heaven and folks having this experience but for whatever reason come back to us here on earth...and always they say that in heaven the people and animals they knew on earth before are always at their happiest and healthiest point that they were in life...so, Harley's eyes are a puppy's again because that is how he is at the bridge....

he's letting you know he's fine and that he's looking out for you :grouphug

He sounds like the best boy :):wub:

You've been under a lot of stress, and quitting smoking is the worst -- maybe he's telling you how proud he is of you? :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest how888

Oh how lucky you are to have heard from Harley in those dreams. I would give anything for Howie to keep those signs coming.Know he is so close to you in heart and soul. Can't wait til we see them again over that big beautiful rainbow. :gh_lay

:weep

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Valliejo2001

I have dreams quite often about my Maggie Sue & Nolan Ryan. I can almost feel them giving me a kiss. We will be with our bridge babies again one day. Until then, I try & remember all the good times we shared. It helps. Sending you hugs from Ohio.

Darlene

:bighug

I think that's wonderful - I agree with the others: he's popping in to say hi and 'look how happy I am now! Look! I'm all healthy!'

When Jim died, I had about four or five strange experiences where I'd be sitting in a chair doing something (like chatting online) and I would have the strong feeling that Jim was by my side. In my mind I could see myself looking round at him and he would be so full of himself he would hardly be able to keep still. Eyes bright (instead of old and cloudy), body agile and wriggly (instead of arthritic) and barking at me joyfully. Not barking at me in the 'old dog' 'I don't know what I want' kind of way that he did before he died, but in a puppyish 'come and play with me' kind of way. He was one of the rare greyhounds who would play fetch with a ball and in my 'vision' of him, he'd be barely squatting on the ground just as he used to do then. (I taught him to sit when he brought the ball back and wait for me to throw it).

I felt that these were visits from him, to let me know he had arrived and was feeling good, and not to worry over him any more. I bet that's why Harley is visiting you in your dreams, too. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop