Gone One Year But Never Ever Forgotten, My Heart...

Greytlady94

I've tried to do this all week but couldn't make it until today. I can see Molly with her bottom in the air, and her helicopter tail going, greeting Shazam. Baby girl Molly you are always with me, every second of every day, until we meet again. Molly girl was a shy/spooky greyhound and my heart will forever go out to all of the shy/spooky greys who way deep inside have a happy, joyous love just waiting for their person to come and help that joy love come to life. Molly girl I will love you always and forever.

THE SHY ONE, MY MOLLY

The shy ones are a very special gift from God. I get upset, (and I'm sure it shows), when people do not have the compassion to understand a shy dog, but instead take it as a personal insult from the dog. All it takes is time and patience, time and patience, time and patience. There can be no greater joy then...... standing in a yard with your back to her, if you look at her she will be too nervous to potty, so you have learned to stand facing away, your hands loosely behind your back, you stand and wait, letting her have her private time. Days pass, weeks pass, months pass, then one night, standing with your back to her, your hands loosely behind your back, you feel her nose. Cautiously she is bumping your hand, she has come to you. Over time this becomes her way of asking for attention, she bumps your hand with her nose. There is no greater joy.

In time she progressed from bumping my hand with her nose, while my hands stayed very still behind my back. She eventually began to bump my arm with her nose when she would come up beside me if I was sitting down.

The day finally came that she looked into my eyes. The expression in her eyes was an expression of love and trust. I was her mom, she trusted me. She got really good with that nose, she could really wop my arm.

She loved to have her ears rubbed, she would groan and lean into my hand.

When anyone came over she would run from whatever room we were in and go hide where "they" could not see her. This probably went on for a couple of years. Later, maybe after two years, you could see a black nose peak around the corner to see who had come. She wouldn't come out though, would not greet the visitors like the others did. But that was ok.

She began to come into her own as she became a senior. No longer so shy, she would come up to a select few. The others she would look at from the comfort and safety of her bed. She was a bossy girl by now and would talk to me every night, fussing at me until I gave her just the right food that she wanted.

If you have ever had the love of a shy one you have been truly blessed.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

:f_pinkf_yellow:f_white That was a heartfelt beautiful tribute....thank you for being such a special grey mommy...

:gh_runner Run free dear heart until you see mommy again....sweet Molly!

I know that Molly is sending extra special love to you today on a gentle breeze. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hugs to you. Could we have some pix of your beloved Molly?

When Blue came to visit she wasn't too sure about him.

MollyandBluesaygoodbye.jpg

post-655-1140198771_thumb.jpg

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest vahoundlover

Beautiful tribute for a very special girl. You have been blessed by the love of a shy girl....May you find comfort in your memories and know she will always be in your heart.

Godspeed Molly :f_pink

Thinking of you and the lovely girl who brought such love to your home.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heartfelt sympathy. Howie passed over the same week and I still can't post anything.It's so hard. I'm just so happy I have all my greytalk friends on here to read about and listen to. Molly angel, find Howie and run with the wind but remember to send us those signs.. :f_pink:f_pink

Guest Angie626

What a special tribute to Molly. :grouphug

I have no doubt her and Shazam are fast friends. Shazam didn't care too much for other dogs here on earth, just like your Molly wasn't too sure of people. I'm sure all those worries are long gone now and everyone is happy, and sure of themselves, and carefree.

My thoughts are with you.

Edited by Angie626

Thinking of you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!