Remember Blessing?

Guest Houndmama

Guest Houndmama

Blessing2.jpg

Remember Blessing? Early in December 2004, she had been abandoned in the mountains, tied to a tree and had been there a week before the neighbors finally reported it to me. She had been surviving off the frost that accumulated on the ground around her during the icy cold nights in the mountains at 4000 feet elevation. I immediately went and got her and found her to be a wonderful old mama dog. She was heartworm positive, which was no surprise. A lot of you donated for her medical care.

After her treatment, she was completely cleared of heartworms and then, before we could have her spayed, she came into season. So we had to wait until she had been finished with her cycle for several weeks. In the meantime, she was in a loving home where she had free reign during the workday and was exercised twice daily during hikes, in addition to having a wonderful fenced yard and whippets to play with. She received her therapy dog certification 2 weeks ago and her mom had bought a collar from Jessica at Classicollars for Blessing to wear on her special trips to the nursing home.

Blessing was spayed and microchipped yesterday and all seemed well. Then last night, she died. :weep We are shocked and devastated. Apparently, she died of DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulopathy). All the pre-surgical bloodwork and exams revealed nothing. The vets worked tirelessly on her until after 11pm last night and she just couldn't come out of it.

I am so sad that her time with us was so short but I am grateful that, for the last 6 months of her life, she knew love, care and boundless joy. She was the center of attention in her home and had every creature comfort imaginable.

Join me in bidding Godspeed to this beloved creature that blessed our lives beyond measure. Hold her skin mom in your heart and prayers as she adjusts to life without her beloved Blessing. We are all richer for having known her.

I am so sorry. This is just so sad. My deepest sympathy. Run free sweetheart...you are so loved and you will be missed. :brokenheart:f_pink

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So heartbreaking. I am so glad she had the months of joy and love. Godspeed

sweet Blessing.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

how very sad...Blessing certainly was one to those that knew her :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest argolola

Godspeed, Blessing. You were a true blessing.

What a sad story, but I thank God she knew the love of a family in her last days. Condolences to all who knew and loved her.

How heartbreaking! :brokenheart Poor lil' girl... and her family who opened their hearts and home to her in a time of great need. Godspeed, precious Blessing, and may you live on forever in spirit with your family and all who's hearts you touched so dearly. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I too remember Blessing. I'm so shocked and saddened to hear of her passing. Her poor mom must be devastated. How wonderful that for the last 6 months of her life though she was loved unconditionally. Godspeed sweet Blessing. Another beautiful grey angel in heaven tonight. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest KaseysMom

An inspiration and a true blessing to all of us. :angelwings:angelwings

My deepest sympathies to her family, to you, and to her nursing home buddies.

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug

Guest Valliejo2001

My deepest condolences. What a sweetie. Run like the wind sweetheart. Please look Maggie Sue up and she will run and play with you.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Darlene

Guest Jessbooch

Oh, dear. I've been offline for a few days due to travel, and am just now finding this news - I'm devastated.

May Blessing's mom find peace in the knowledge that she gave a good hound a great home...and may Blessing know that she is fondly remembered by so many.

Guest VaGreymom

Thank you for showing her what unconditional love is. The last months of her life were no doubt the best. My condolences to you.