Strider

StridersSis

Strider, Bubba, Pookie face, baby boy, my heart, Striderrrmannnnn,

My heart aches today, a day that should be like any other, no different, nothing new, but today is the day you left without me for a new life in the sky... I knew that when I left that day, in my heart, that would be our last goodbye, I hugged you and told you were a good boy and I loved you oh so much. If I could of been there, I would have, but you never showed me your weakness, you were to proud to tell me you were going to die.

So when I go home in 3 weeks, it will be the first time in almost 9 years you wont be there to great me, to stop me dead in my tracks because I was gone for a while. The house will be lonely, there will be no bark at the door... but I know you'll be there. I know you'll watch over us, keep us safe, keep Dallas in line.

When you came into my life I was 11, you changed my world. You were so hurt and so scared. You had been abused in your first retirement, you were abandoned that day. We had always talked about adopting one of "you guys" and I couldn't stand the hurt in your eyes, I had to take you home,show you that people aren't bad, so I begged and I pleaded and you were mine. You never knew another day of pain in the hands of humans again. You learned to trust, to play, to love again. We became best friends, we've been through so much. My first kiss, boyfriend, middle school, highschool, prom, graduation, and you were there to visit me in college, but there will be no more visits... well at least not the tangible kind, but you know how to get here, Ill wait for you. You were there when I would cry, you licked away my tears, you never wanted me to be sad.

I knew the day would come when I had to say goodbye to my best friend, but never imagined it would be so soon. I wanted to be there with you, I felt I owed you that... but what I owed you more was peace, youth, and to be free of pain. I couldn't be selfish, you never had. When mom told me you couldn't eat your pig ear, when you didn't want to chase kitties on your walks, when walks no longer made you jump for joy, and that you looked at her and your eyes said help me, I told her to let you go. I owed you that. Im sorry I couldn't be there to say goodbye, to hold you in my arms until you were safe at the other end, to tell you I loved you one last time, to kiss your head one more time. Strider, you've left a hole in my heart that will take a long time to heal, but I know you're here to help me, in my hopes, my dreams, and you'll be here to guide me like you always have. The love you've given us all these years is enough to last an eternity, and it will heal all wounds... in time. You will be forever faithful and one day we'll be together again. I can't tell you when, I don't know, but play at the bridge and be healthy and strong again, for me, I want you to.... Winnie and Rocky will wait for us with you... You guys were always the coolest dogs on the block, and now you can be the coolest dogs in heaven. You may have never won a race at the track, but you won the most important ones, the race to the couch, the bed, and most importantly the hearts of everyone you met... You are so loved.

So goodbye for now, I love you so much... please don't ever forget that. I'm sorry that you got sick and were in pain, so I did the best thing I could, I let you go... I told mom it was okay. So here is my final goodbye to you, I wish I could have been there. Don't worry about the tears Bubba, you dont have to lick them away, they'll dry up when I heal, but Ill miss you always. Thank you for everything, I owe you.... you introduced this family to the world of retired racers we are forever indebted to you... I hope you enjoyed your retirement because we sure enjoyed sharing it with you. Until we meet again I love you.

Love,

Kimmy

The sky will shine a little bit brighter tonight, for there will be a new star, and if its half as big as his heart it will shine forever... :angelwings

1070striderinblanket.jpg

Edited by Striders Sis

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God speed Strider :gh_run

I hurt for you Kim :f_white

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am SO very, very sorry, Kim. What a wonderful "goodbye" to your best guy.

When Is It Time?

By Kit McCallum

When is it time to say goodbye,

To all the love I've known,

When is it time to end your pain,

And leave me all alone?

I've watched you on your good days when

I feel your strength renewed;

But shortly after little ups,

The down days then ensue.

We ride this roller-coaster of

Emotions as we try,?

To make it through another day,

And yet, I can't deny...

That as I look into your face

On days that have been bad,

I see a look that beckons me

It's tired, and hurt, and sad.

The little spark I used to see

Behind those loving eyes,

Is growing ever clouded

By life's cruel inhumane side.

I try to see beyond the pain

You feel with every step;

And softly whisper to myself

This may get better yet.

If I can bear to watch you

Just another day or two;

I justify my reason to

Ensure I cling to you.

For letting go is harder for

The person left behind;

It means that if I let you go,

I cannot turn back time.

Back to the days I long for now,

When you were full of life;

And every day held promise,

And our futures, clear and bright.

But now the lights are darkening...

We take it daily now;

I cannot see our futures clear

Or think beyond this cloud.

I think the hardest part is in this

Is never knowing why,

I have to be courageous

And I have to say goodbye.

For if I let myself admit

It's time to let you go;

I'd have to face reality

Without you...but I know...

That soon I have to face the

Final outcome that I dread,

And holding on will only serve

To hurt you in the end.

You've given such unselfish love

For all our time in life,

But if I hold too tightly,

You'll not move t'ward the light...

On to a better life, where you

Can once again be free,

Of all the pain and discomfort

That holds you here to me.

So I find the courage just to say

This last farewell,

I hope you will forgive me for

The time it took me; still...

I'll hold with me, the memories

That in my heart remain,

Pray one day, down the road a'ways

...They'll lesson my own pain.

Run Free, sweet Strider. Though many of us didn't know you, we still loved you.

:f_white

:f_white

Oh Kim...I am so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family. Run free and young again at the Bridge sweet Strider...I told Angel Sophia that her boyfriend Strider is coming to the Bridge. You will always remain in our hearts...be sure to send your family a Rainbow from time to time. xoxo

:grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

The sky will shine a little bit brighter tonight, for there will be a new star, and if its half as big as his heart it will shine forever... :angelwings

1387235[/snapback]

It will.

Strider, I'm so glad you found people to love you and treat you as you deserved. I'm only sorry you couldn't stay a bit longer. Bless you for leaving such sweet memories behind. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest wmlcml6

I'm so sorry, Kim. I'm shedding tears for you and Strider as I type. It must have been very hard not to be there, but it sounds like he was ready to run free.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Oh Kim my heart aches for you so bad. You have been on my mind all day. You did a wonderful thing for strider giving him a chance to know love and what retirement was all about.He will always be with you.

Run free sweet Strider. No more pain.

:grouphug:f_red

Edited by 8 greyt greys

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Kim, I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 Strider was such a special, handsome boy and I can tell how much you loved and devoted to him. Run free, Strider-baby. :heart Please accept my condolences during this difficult time.

-- Chrissy

Oh Kim, I am so sorry for your loss. He'll always be your best friend. :f_pink:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Run free sweet Strider. You can now be strong again!

I have tears running down my face from your wonderful tribute to your boy!

I will be looking into the sky tonight and saying a prayer for your star.

:weep:f_pink:gh_run2

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

:cry1 What a touching tribute to your beloved Strider. Godspeed, precious boy... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you over the loving tribute to your sweet Strider. I'm so sorry. He will be with you forever, in your heart, because love never dies.

My grandmother died in 1994, on this day, April 16th. I bet she's taking Strider for a walk right now...no leash.

God bless.

Guest pleasantsarg

I am so sorry Kim. Please let your family know that we are also thinking of them at this time. Strider looks like one of a kind, you were both so blessed to have found each other. I know this is so difficult. I am very sorry for your loss.