Strider

StridersSis

Guest how888

You have my heartfelt sympathy.I have been off line for a few days and when I saw this I was just stunned.Your compassion shines through your story of love for Strider.You were so young when he walked into your life and so I'm sure you both learned a great deal of life lessons throughout your time together.I have tears running down my face for I feel your pain.May all your memories bring comfort to you at this time.I'm sure Strider is watching over you "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" . :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink Run free sweet Strider, we all know you're running with the best up there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, Kim, I am so sorry. I hope that my Bridge Angels were there to greet Strider and show him around. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Greymom

The sky is definitely shining more brightly with Strider's star. What a beautiful and loving tribute to a treasured family member. I am so sorry for your loss. :f_white:grouphug

Kim, I'm so very sorry. I couldn't believe it when I saw his name.

:grouphug:(:(

Run free sweet Strider... :angelwings:gh_run

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest greymom23

Kim - I know how much your heart is aching and mine is aching with you. Strider was so blessed to have been your dog. You showed him what it was like to be loved.

Run Free Strider! :gh_run

Prayers and hugs to you Kim. :grouphug:hope

Thank you all for your outpouring of support... It means so much to me and my family.

Kim

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry Kim. I've always done a double-take when looking at your posts with Strider's pictures - he looks so much like Trevor. I saw your Tribute over the weekend and was crying as I read it, he is so loved and I'm sure knows it. He will be watching over your family always and playing now with my Trevor in the fields of Heaven.....

Peace to you and your family.

:grouphug:grouphug:f_red:f_red:f_red

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Your tribute was very very touching.

:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest rsqdogsmom

Kim, I was so saddened to read that Strider had gone to the bridge over the weekend.

I know how much you loved him and how hard it will be to be without his physical presence, but you know he will always be with you now as the free-spirited, healthy soul he was meant to be.

You were so brave to let him go before things got worse. Even when we know it's for the best it's hard not to be selfish and to hold on for 'just one more day' and then another.

You know your choice was in his best interest, no matter the cost to you, his sister, and the rest of your family.

Strider will be waiting for you at the bridge to help you cross over when your time comes.

When you see each other again all the tears and the time in-between will be as one second in the whole of eternity that you will have to spend together. Look forward to that and remember the good times.

He always knew he was loved and he knew he was finally home when you got him. How lucky it was for both of you to have found each other.

Be at peace.

Guest Aggie94

Oh my. I just got home from being out of town and now read this. I am so sorry for your loss and that you didn't get to be there. Strider knew you loved him and felt you there with him. Hugs to you and your family. :grouphug:f_red

Kim, I was so sorry to see the news about Strider. Your tribute to him

was lovely and very moving and brought me (as I am sure the others

who read it) to tears.

He knew how much you loved him - it was clear from your messages

that you had a special bond with him that distance cannot break.

May your heart mend soon.

:f_red:f_pink:f_white

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy