Comet Has Crossed Over

macoduck

:( We helped Comet cross over today. He was 13 but we'd only had him 6 months. We knew as a senior he wouldn't be around long but you just can't be greedy when it's time them to go.

Comet had a fast-presenting lymphoma.

He is already missed by our Gracie Greyhound and Pudge the Mutt. And us. :(

He gets to meet our ol' gal Rosie, a mixed breed who died a year ago. I'm sure she'll share a couch with him up there in Rainbowville, and with his arthritis vaporized he'll be able to hop up on it.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks are amazing. I'm sure I'll be back after I go through a box of tissues.

Look into the night sky. There's supposed to be a comet easily seen this month. If you see it where you live, think of my boy Comet.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I am so sorry for your loss. Comet run free...young and healed. Don't worry sweetie...all of our Angels will show you around the Bridge and help you settle in. Don't forget to send your family a beautiful rainbow from time to time. You are sadly missed and so loved...be a good boy until you meet your family once again and forever. :f_red Ps...Kiss Angel Sophia for me. :angelwings

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greymom

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Comet. While you only had six months together, you will have a lifetime of memories. Few people would have opened their home and hearts to a senior. But you did. He left this world knowing love, home and a family. He is smiling at the Bridge. :f_white:grouphug

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink Bless you for giving him a loving home so that he could crosse the bridge knowing he was loved and honored.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Sorry for your loss...what a great thing you did for Comet when you gave him a loving home for the last six months.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so sorry for your loss. Even though the time he spent with you was short, he knew he was well loved and cared for.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest argolola

I'm crying with you over the loss of dear Comet. The blessing to all of this is that he knew love and a happy family in his last days.

Godspeed sweet Comet.

Comet run fast to the bridge and play with the rest of the bridge kids till it is time for you to join back up with your family. :gh_runner

Comets family a :bighug for you

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest PhillyPups
:(  We helped Comet cross over today. He was 13 but we'd only had him 6 months.  We knew as a senior he wouldn't be around long but you just can't be greedy when it's time them to go.

1212059[/snapback]

The hardest gift we give our beloved companions is the gift of letting go, it is also the greytest gift of love we can give.

We may not have the quantity of time with our beloved GoldenGreys, but you sure can't beat the QUALITY!! I think of the song the Dance, and I would not have missed one beat of The Dance!! Looking back, ah, Run Free sweet Comet, you went loved on the wings of an angel.

Blessings to you for opening your heart and home to this precious soul during the last stage of his life here on this plane. He is now in the exquisite care of our Bridge angels, and will joyfully greet you again some day. :angelwingsGodspeed, sweet Comet. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for making Comet's final months happy ones. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.