Our Lady Sophia

patricia

We remember the day you came to us…You changed our whole world for the better. You introduced us to the wonderful world of seniors and what a journey it is has been. You brought sunshine on cloudy days and you are by far the most gentle soul we have ever had the pleasure of loving.

Little Girlfriend please show us the way…show us how to go on without you. We know that we have to go on but honestly we don’t know how. We do know that your days with us were the happiest of your sweet life and that brings us some consolation.

You fought a very long and hard battle…your spirit was so willing but your body couldn’t go on.

I know that there is a special reason that you left us today…God needed a very special Angel and you were reborn. I sent a prayer asking that there would be plenty of peanut butter cookies…stuffies…warm sunshine…and an abundance of reading material to keep you busy until we meet again. You are such a social little girl…and I know that there are so many Angels very anxious to meet you and show you around.

Today is a very special day sweet Girlfriend of mine…You are going on journey but you will not travel lightly or alone…You have taken our hearts with you to carry you safely. You also earned and are wearing your very special golden wings…and a halo that is possibly tipped just a bit to the side. :angelwings

Please promise me that you will not cry…or be scared…Remember…we are just a heartbeat away…One more promise…please sweetheart visit us often during the days on a gentle breeze…during the nights in our dreams…please sweetheart send us a rainbow.

Now go…go baby girl…Run with the wind…Run to the Angels.

We love you Lady Sophia…

Mommy…Daddy…Flashy…Cody Angelo…Queenie

:f_pink:f_white:f_redf_yellow

1027137f0.jpg

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry and so saddened by this news. My beloved Beansy will be there to take care of Sophia and show her the ropes.

Many hugs, Patti and Fred. Rest in peace, Lady Sophia. :weep:weep:weepf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow:grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest nanzi

Oh Hon, I'm so sorry, I've been following your girls saga, and praying for her & you. Having trouble seeing what to type.

Run free pretty girl, give Vanna Black & Brynne Delle kisses from their Mommy.

Ehugs, Nan Z

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

this is so sad. run free sweet girl you were a fighter

i too have followed this since day 1. cant say any more crying to hard..

It's not really possible for me to put into words what I feel and how sad I am for you all.

I'll never forget you Sophia.

:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest lisa73

Sleep tight special Princess. You will always be remembered by many around the world. Watch over your Mummy and Daddy until you meet again. :dogcookie

Patti and Fred, please accept my deepest sorrow at the loss of such a special senior baby, Rainbow Bridge is no longer missing an angel :angelwings

A candle will be lit for Sophia tonight and she will take with her our love

Guest wmlcml6

Patti - I am SO very sorry. None of us were ready for her to leave, but she's in a place now that holds no more pain. I can't write anymore now. :angelwings:angelwings

God speed sweet Sophia, you had so many friends here on earth and you have so many waiting for you on the other side. I am so sorry.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest canagreyts

Dear Patti and Fred, our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Lady Sophia was a special spirit here on GreyTalk and won't ever be forgotten. The stories you told us about her and the beautiful pictures you took, made her seem part of a much bigger family. She was a very special ambassador for seniors and will be sadly missed.

:heart:heart

:cry1 what you wrote is beautiful and touching, I feel your sorrow of Sophia's passing.
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest claysmom

Patti and Fred, may you find comfort in knowing that around the world Sophia was loved by all. As I read this post tears roll down my face as I remember how it is to lose a much loved family member. Try and be strong and know that Sophia is running like the wind and will be with you always in spirit. My deepest sympathies.

Patti, I have logged on while we are on vacation...hoping and praying for good news for Sophia.

I am crying like a baby at the moment but I know your baby is pain free and running with the angels.

My heart goes out to you and your family for all that you tried to do to help your sweet girl....She has left a mark on all of us, that will not be forgotton. Her sweet face is forever in my mind.

Godspeed Lady Sophia :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest cindysmom

Oh, Patti, my sorrow runs so deep for you and your family right now. I just don't have words. All I can do is cry. I didn't realize you had this post, so I'll just copy my tribute from the other thread.

Oh Lady Sophia, you were and are such an inspiration to us all. We will miss you more than words can ever express, but I know you are running in wonderful flower-filled meadows, free of pain. Thank you for the joy you have brought to our lives. For that, I know God has such a wonderful place for you in Heaven, just filled with so much reading material to peruse and babies to play with. Bless your sweet, sweet heart.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Edited by cindysmom

Guest Greyhounds4ever

I am reading this with tears. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. Sophia will not be alone. My Thia and Jocy will be there at the bridge to greet her and be with her. May the love you had with Sophia carry you through these difficult days. God bless. :f_red

Guest couchhog

I am so sorry for your loss. I have read many stories about your dogs over the past year and I will miss reading about Sophia. :sad1

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Guest Greymom

I am so sorry for your loss and I have tears running down my face. I have been saying so many prayers for her, but God chooses to take our Angels from us when he needs. She will have many friends up there, and she will be smiling down on you. :f_white

Guest MomofCash

My heartfelt condolences to you and Fred, Patti ... :grouphug

I am so sorry that you have lost your sweet girlfriend ... I am at a loss as to what else to type through my tears ...

Run free with the angels, sweet Lady Sophia ... you will be missed ... :gh_run:angelwings:f_pink

Patti, I am so very, very sorry that you've lost your beautiful Sophia. My deepest sympathies to you and Fred. You gave her a wonderful life and she knew how deeply she was loved. My heart is breaking for you. Sending comforting hugs to you and all your pups. I am so sorry.

Lori :f_pink

Guest MnMDogs

Please accept my condolences for your loss. Your story has touched me more than you can imagine, and I so admire your strengh, and your baby girl's strength. The love you have for her is truly amazing.

run free, sweet girlfriend.

f_yellow:f_pink:f_white