Our Lady Sophia

patricia

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest berettagt5spd
:cry1 OMG Patti I am so sorry.. :brokenheart I never knew Sophia either, But she was breath taking. In beauty and personality. She will always be with you and your family but with wings watching over you. I seen the topic and my heart sank. Again, I am so sorry. We all all crying with you. :f_red:f_whitef_yellow:f_pink:grouphug

Guest TorynUs

Patti and Fred-

I said right out loud as I logged onto GT and saw your post....OH NO! Bursting into tears, I am glad I am not at work.

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am at your loss of Sophia. She truly was an angel on Earth as I am sure she is now over the bridge. You and your family have shown people all over the world what it is to love a pet, how they ARE family members. You went over and above what most people would do to try to help her and you gave her the most love a greyhound, or any other pet could have ever hoped to enjoy. She was SO lucky to have you for parents, and she is smiling down on you with many thanks and an abundance of love in her heart. Yes, we here on GT all felt as if we knew her, especially after viewing the adorable little video clips of her. I want you to know that it is because of Sophia that I would consider at some point in my life, when the time is right, to adopt a senior greyhound. And when I do I will for sure be thinking of your sweet angel. :angelwings:heart

Pam

Guest Manta

:hope you have touched all whos lives you passed (even those whom have nver met you)

Run free and rest in peace with your angel wings.

We are so sorry............

Guest greymom23

:cry1 I can't even begin to express the sorrow I feel for you and your family right now. What a beautiful tribute for your beloved girl. Her memories will keep her close in your heart.

Run Free Sophia :gh_run2

:f_red:f_pinkf_yellow

Guest Lexus

That was the most beautiful tribute and the sweetest picture I've ever seen.Thank you for sharing yourself and Sophia in this time of grief. You have hundreds of hands holding yours as you go through the next days

Our hearts share your sorrow. Be at peace little Sophia.

Mary

Ridley and Chuquita

Guest D_MansMommy

:cry1 I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss :grouphug

Lady Sophia was a very special girl who brought smiles to our faces with her beauty and silliness.

Run free sweet Sophia.

Guest spazkaz

Patti,

There aren't words to express my deepest sorrow at hearing about your loss. I am sorry I never had the chance to meet your sweet Lady, despite living in the same city. But in many ways I feel I have met her, I know her in my heart just like everyone else here on GT. May she run free now at the Bridge.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

-Karen

Guest greyhoundobsession

I didn't see this thread so I'm copying my post from the other one. :weep:brokenheart

I am so sorry Patricia. All the sinking and aching feelings of loss that you have when you have to say goodbye....they came rushing into me when I read your post. I am so sad for what you and your family are going through right now. There is nothing worse. I wasn't on GT and a friend called and left a message on my machine about Lady Sophia....I had to get to the computer to try and say something to ease your pain but there are just no words. The Lady had the most special enchantment about her....she was truly a classic girl, a treasure. I feel like I knew her and will miss her and remember her always.

Run free sweet baby girl.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on the snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die….

Anonymous

----Kathy (going now to give extra loves to my babies) :cry1

Lady Sophia, run carefree with all of the other sweet Angels at the Bridge, and then pause at some moments in your play, and send your mom and dad a message in a rainbow telling them you are ok. :angelwings

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.

'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Author Unknown

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest roosmom

OH I'M SO SORRY!! I know it's all been said page after page after page, but I'm so so so sorry for you!! My heart is heavy and I have shed some tears for Sophia...take care of yourself and know you were a wonderful Mommy!

Tan & Roo :f_pink :f_yellow:f_white

Guest kristijewell
:weep I am so sorry...I thought of you and Sophia often today and had to stop b/c I got too upset...We all feel like we know Sophia here at GT and I'm so sorry she's gone and for the pain your family is going through. Take care of yourselves. :f_red

I'm so very sorry you've lost Sophie. There's just no words to express the sorrow.We prayed as hard as we could, I guess they needed her at the bridge.

Run fast and pain-free to the bridge, little Sophie, Cody is there to show you where all the good treats are.

:f_pink:gh_run2:gh_run2

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest sherpays

Patti,

Also, take comfort in knowing you showed many the wonderful joys these seniors can bring into our lives. There is no doubt that due to your special relationship and unique bond with Sophia, many others have adopted or will adopt a beautiful senior in the future. Again, God be with you and your family as you heal. The pain is so unbearable. :f_pink

Edited by sherpays

Patti-

I want to express my very deepest sympathy to you. I am so, so sorry, sweetie.

I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your beautiful girl with us. She meant so much to us here on GT. Just think of how many more senior hounds found forever homes thanks to your wonderful Lady!!

Celebrate her life. It truly, truly was a wonderful life. I've never seen a hound as loved as your Sophia, by so many people, most of all you.

You and yours are in my prayers.

:gh_run

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Oh I'm so so so very sorry. I am so sad. Run Free, Lady Sophia. I'm sure there's a special stuffy for you at the Bridge.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest jeremiahsmom

I do not post very often, but have been keeping up with Lady Sophia. I am sooo very sorry for your lost. Sophia will always be with you. May God Bless you and your pups during this very sad time. :f_pink

Patti and Fred, I am at a loss for words to tell you how very sorry I am. Sophia fought her hardest to stay, but she was needed elsewhere more. Please find comfort in knowing you made Sophia's life a wonderful one. We have all lost a loved one today, and we share your sorrow.

:grouphugf_yellow:weep

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.