Goodbye, Dudin

ElizabethGPAPS

Dudin the flying Greyhound crossed the bridge yesterday. He came from Tucson and found his forever home in Kelowna, British Columbia. We flew him up there by private plane, hence the nickname. Dudin was a gentle giant who raced at 83 lbs and measured 33 inches at the shoulder. I fostered him for a while - he was such a special boy! His mom Corinne sent this news (Betty Loney is their local adoption Rep):

"I have tearful news about our beloved Dudin. Last Friday he became very ill with what the vet thinks was meningitis. Dudin had spinal pain and was exhibiting worsening neurological signs and symptoms. We unfortunately had to put him down yesterday as the vet said there was nothing more he could do. I couldn't bear to see him in any more discomfort. He could barely lift his head and was unable to stand.

We are still in shock. Dudin was our baby!! I miss him so much already. We thought for awhile that he may have had a tick related illness because that seems so common in greyhounds. Betty Loney is just as devastated as we are. She has been so supportive in helping us through this hard time. She also helped provide some information on trying to diagnose Dudin when he first became ill.

I thought I should let you know as I know Dudin was near and dear to your heart.

Wherever Dudin is now I hope he is painfree, chasing lots of rabbits and counter-surfing as much as his heart desires.

I'm sorry to give you such sad news. Bye for now, Corinne."

A few pictures of his flying adventure...

gettingready.jpg

Dudinplane.jpg

windowseat.jpg

I'll send a copy of this thread to Corinne and family. Godspeed, Dudin! You were loved. :heart:brokenheart

Edited by ElizabethGPAPS

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

I remember those pics :(

Very sorry to hear of Dudin's passing :cry1

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I also remember this precious boy. Now Dudin has left on another very special flight to the arms of angels. Run free sweet Dudin...you are loved and missed. Throughout your days of chasing bunnies and counter surfing, look down on your family until you meet again. :(:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

How very sad and heartbreaking for all who knew this gentle soul. May you always feel his loving presence in your heart. Godspeed Dudin. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Godspeed, big guy. Condolences to your family and friends, who didn't get to share your life anywhere near long enough.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dudin... Fly free on your angel wings.... :angelwings

Hugz to all who knew and loved him. :f_pink

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest Dudie's Gramma and Papa-Caro

We are Dudin's grandparents. We are saddened at the loss of this gentle soul. He was in our lives 'physically' for a short time, but he will live in our hearts forever. We will always remember the first Christmas he came to spend with us, and how he enjoyed Gramma's special Christmas gift!! A very touching thing happened to our 8 year old grandson Brandon, who loved Dudie . He was travelling through Kelowna during the fire this summer and didn't get a chance to stop and visit his buddy Dudie. When he returned home he called me to say "Gramma, I wish I would have seen Dudie, because I know he knew I was there, I heard him say "Brandon come and visit me." Dudin touched the hearts of all of his extended family. We will miss him and know he will want Brett and Corinne to fill all of our lives with another Dudin.

Love,

Gramma Carol