GIG 2024

We’re not going this year. I was so disappointed. This used to be a premier greyhound event, but last year it seemed to be a shadow of its former glory.  :( 

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 4 weeks later...

Mary Pat, Doug and I are going again this year!  We went last year after many years of absence---we knew it would be Laila's last big event, and she so loved to meet people and smooze.  We lost our precious girl in July.  :weep  So this year, it will be us and Angie and Kiva.  They are both older, and need to get out the door quickly, so we're staying at that funky little motel again.  I know it's gotten horrible reviews, but we were there last year, and it was fine.

We'll be meeting up with Ducky and Cindy at headquarters at some point, probably Saturday afternoon.  We'd love to see you!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am sad we aren't making it this year... just so much going on this year already.

Have fun for us everyone!!!

• Sad 1

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

1 hour ago, queenwinniesmom said:

Mary Pat, Doug and I are going again this year!  We went last year after many years of absence---we knew it would be Laila's last big event, and she so loved to meet people and smooze.  We lost our precious girl in July.  :weep  So this year, it will be us and Angie and Kiva.  They are both older, and need to get out the door quickly, so we're staying at that funky little motel again.  I know it's gotten horrible reviews, but we were there last year, and it was fine.

We'll be meeting up with Ducky and Cindy at headquarters at some point, probably Saturday afternoon.  We'd love to see you!

I'm going to be there by Thursday afternoon.  And will be at Friday's 'groovy' evening.  Both Snowflake and I will be in our psychedelic best. Flake is an Irish snowflake grey. So look for a black girl with white spots.

We'll look for you!  We'll be there Thursday too. Though we don't go to the events---Doug just isn't up to it.  But we may go to Hauser.  It's a really beautiful setting, and everyone there was so nice.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

3 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

Aaww. I was hoping to see how Amelia was doing.  Maybe next year.

Aw thx!

Yeah just so busy, especially this month!!!

Hoping we at least get to GRtB.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Mary Pat, I'll be lookin' for you! I'm going to the Groovy night too. I might leave Flashy in my room though.

Who was the GT member who has a vending both at GIG? I can never remember his business name either.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png