Frozen yoghurt flavours

SGE1967

After the Great Global Greyhiund Walk, we popped into a dog-friendly cafe and I. The freezer was frozen yoghurt for dogs. After my Yorkshire Accountant reaction of "OW MUCH???" I contacted my bank to arrange for a suitable overdraft to purchase one, and she adored it.

But I'm not paying that...

So, digging the ice cream maker out from the cupboard under the sink, production commenced!

She likes blueberry. She really likes peanut butter and banana (so much so that she even stole and ate the cardboard tub it was in!) but I was wondering if anyone else makes their own, and what flavours have been enjoyed by your hounds?

And maybe even your humans too!

We do not own an ice cream maker and poor Buddy has to make do with yogurt frozen into paw-shaped moulds with things in it. I’ve made it with a blob of honey and mango chutney (the really runny stuff you get with a take away). The Dogs’ Trust had a recipe for ice cream made with coconut milk, a ripe banana and raspberries which went down quite well here

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

12 hours ago, SGE1967 said:

After my Yorkshire Accountant reaction of "OW MUCH???" I contacted my bank to arrange for a suitable overdraft to purchase one, and she adored it.

:rofl Brilliant!

We make "Frosty Paws" using a large tub of vanilla or plain yogurt, peanut butter, a banana and some honey. Freeze in paper cups or whatever mold you like. The campers love this.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

23 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

We make "Frosty Paws" using a large tub of vanilla or plain yogurt, peanut butter, a banana and some honey. Freeze in paper cups or whatever mold you like. The campers love this.

This is also our recipe, except we used applesauce instead of banana because Sweep hated bananas. (To be determined with the newbs.)

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart