Best trainer

I volunteer for the HSUS.  And they have a meat farm survivor,  greyhound mix. She needs a really really exceptional trainer and behaviorist.  

She can't be leashed. Will bite you if you just hold one. She was in foster for a year and a half. But came back to the HSUS shelter. 

When she's in the big xpen with other dogs she's a happy playful dog. I can see a good dog in there. But she's been off the meat farm for over a year. She's running out of chances. I think this could be her last one.

Can anyone recommend a trainer-behaviorist?

She's currently on the east coast but I think if it's a good shot they'll send her anywhere. 

Consider https://behaveatlanta.com/

The team includes a certified animal behaviorist and a trainer who work together.  They will work with you over Zoom so don't need to be local to the dog.  Not inexpensive, but very helpful for me with blind Nate and his growling/snarling.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

6 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

I tried to PM her. "She can't receive messages"

Drop her a note over in the ABT thread.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Where on the East coast is she located? And is the shelter trying to move her or will someone there work with her? If you can share some more details I can get you some recs. 

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

11 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

The HSUS does work with the difficult dogs. I just think she would do better in a solo situation. 

Gotcha. I can recommend a vet behaviorist or two if you let me know the location if the shelter can find someone who wants to work with the dog, but imho that's asking a lot of someone who may not foster or adopt again if things go badly. But you didn't ask for my opinion :angelso happy that recommend some professionals based on location or who work virtually (the latter would require a local vet being open to collaborating if meds are prescribed). 

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."