Tags

CathyI8205

All mine wear a tag collar in the house, but not with a dangling tag. I use the ones that slide on to the collar.

If you have heat/ac registers in your floor, that is a potential snagging place for tags.

As beautiful as our dogs are without a collar, I will never chance having them go without one.  Nothing to catch and hold on to should there be escape.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We use the tag collars like Ducky uses.  It's just a basic buckle collar with a slide on that has our info and phone numbers printed. 

We usually order from Boomerang Tags https://www.boomerangtags.com/page.php?c=collartags  or from Houndstown.com if I need both the tag collar and the tag. http://www.houndstown.com/collars/tag-collars/

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

We have 3 tags for our dogs.  I dare Columbia MO to tell us what to do in our house.  We take their collars off in the house.  When they are outside they have their coats on and you can’t see their tags anyway.  We put the collars and tags when we walk them.

DarbyampChad_zpsvpn9kam5.jpg

"Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."
-Cathy, DW to Al, Mom to Darby & Chad. Nana to Gabe, Dominic, & Christopher Welter
Remembering Social (2001-2014) and Gus (2007-2015)

31 minutes ago, CathyI8205 said:

We have 3 tags for our dogs.  I dare Columbia MO to tell us what to do in our house.  We take their collars off in the house.  When they are outside they have their coats on and you can’t see their tags anyway.  We put the collars and tags when we walk them.

i misunderstood your first question and thought you meant name tags. We have clip on holders for the county tags. We only put them on for walks or outings in the car since they dangle and make noise, and not even so much for walks since we only go around the block.  Here, if you have the county tags on the pup, Animal Control will bring your dog home if they find it or someone turns the dog in.  if the tag isn't in place when they get the dog you are liable for kenneling fees and some loose dog charges. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

i have the following breakaway collars with tags on my dogs

http://www.longdogleather.com/index.cfm?Content=67

and

https://breakawaycollar.com/product/keepsafe-break-away-safety-collar/   (now available in lots of designs and patterns)

tags with a life time warrantee from  https://www.dogtagart.com  which i picked up on sale from Lupine on sale. one of my dogs has figured out how to remove the flat boomerang collar tag from a collar! i have a devil puppy currently.

my 2 wrestle like maniacs, prior to the commencement of WWW events I used a 3/4" Lupine buckle collar and boomerang flat collar tag- it held tons of info. It takes a tad of getting used to a breakaway collar- you grab the collar over the nylon breakaway mechanism. but i have found both collars in the yard numerous times, the last thing you want is a dog hung up on something. my current pair are a tad crazy. the black dye on the leather collar is coming off and my parti-colored lettuce has ring around the collar. so, order a light natural color collar.  also brooks leather makes a tag collar with your info.

Everyone must evaluate their own situation to determine that. For our circumstances, I believe my dogs are safer with visible ID at all times rather  than going nekkid in the house. How I achieve that has varied with the dogs I have at any given time. 

Su wears a flat buckle collar with name & phone number embroidered on. All the tags are on her “going out” collar. I cannot count the number of times over the years that a dog has lost tags in the yard. 

On 12/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, kudzu said:

Everyone must evaluate their own situation to determine that. For our circumstances, I believe my dogs are safer with visible ID at all times rather  than going nekkid in the house. How I achieve that has varied with the dogs I have at any given time. 

This is the best information.

DarbyampChad_zpsvpn9kam5.jpg

"Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."
-Cathy, DW to Al, Mom to Darby & Chad. Nana to Gabe, Dominic, & Christopher Welter
Remembering Social (2001-2014) and Gus (2007-2015)

Mine always  wear their collars (with dangling name tags, I need to look into the slide ones) when we are home with them unless we are gone and they are being kenneled (or when Rick's in the big x-pen at night).   I wouldn't want them nekkid because one I think you should have something to grab onto if needed and two, if they were EVER to get out I would absolutely want them to have their ID's on. :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway