Spoke too soon

Amelia has decided she's bored and/or not pleased with us leaving her during the day and has attacked my husband's record collection...

She's chewed the covers of several of them off the shelf. 

Litte punk.

In her defense... we just came off 2 weeks straight of us both or one of us home every day. 

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

It's very common for newly adopted dogs to have relapses of SA with every little change in their schedules.  You may need to do a short course of Alone Training with her after a few times after vacations or other schedule challenges.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

1 minute ago, greysmom said:

It's very common for newly adopted dogs to have relapses of SA with every little change in their schedules.  You may need to do a short course of Alone Training with her after a few times after vacations or other schedule challenges.

Exactly... Very certain it's from her schedule getting upset by the holiday schedule. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

57 minutes ago, cleptogrey said:

This is exactly why I make sure my dogs love their crates! I found muzzled destroyed my walls.

After they are used to changes crate doors are left open. Also when we travel I can go out and safely leave them.

I wish they did like the crates.

Early on they say they were done with them.

Meh... live and learn.  Sorry about the records - I hope they weren't valuable ones, I know records are quite a "thing" now, especially if they were old ones. 

We never muzzled or crated (except for a short time when acclimating a new foster).   Some people do, some people don't.  For those of us that don't, there may be the occasional issue, especially - as you stated in your initial post - when there's a change in routine.  We just learned, as I'm sure you have, that if there's a blip in the routine, there might be a blip in behavior.  So after a vacation, job change, bringing in a new foster, etc, you just be extra careful not to leave anything out anything that might get chewed or peed on that you can't replace until they get back to normal.  And good luck figuring out what that might be .... records?????  I'd have never guessed a dog would go after them.  But then again I lost a pair of prescription eyeglasses to a weirdo chewing incident that I'd never have expected.  And that was from a dog that had lived with us for YEARS.

Side note - I'm with Amelia.  I was also on vacation for 2 weeks, and when I went back to work yesterday I was not at all myself.  It was the most "Monday-ish" Monday ever!  By noon I'd have probably chewed up something if I thought I could get away with it.  ^_^

I hope your Tuesday was better.  

-

9 hours ago, sobesmom said:

Meh... live and learn.  Sorry about the records - I hope they weren't valuable ones, I know records are quite a "thing" now, especially if they were old ones. 

We never muzzled or crated (except for a short time when acclimating a new foster).   Some people do, some people don't.  For those of us that don't, there may be the occasional issue, especially - as you stated in your initial post - when there's a change in routine.  We just learned, as I'm sure you have, that if there's a blip in the routine, there might be a blip in behavior.  So after a vacation, job change, bringing in a new foster, etc, you just be extra careful not to leave anything out anything that might get chewed or peed on that you can't replace until they get back to normal.  And good luck figuring out what that might be .... records?????  I'd have never guessed a dog would go after them.  But then again I lost a pair of prescription eyeglasses to a weirdo chewing incident that I'd never have expected.  And that was from a dog that had lived with us for YEARS.

Side note - I'm with Amelia.  I was also on vacation for 2 weeks, and when I went back to work yesterday I was not at all myself.  It was the most "Monday-ish" Monday ever!  By noon I'd have probably chewed up something if I thought I could get away with it.  ^_^

I hope your Tuesday was better.  

-

It was really the covers and not the records themselves... dogs seem to love paper products.

Yesterday was fine... we set up one of their crates in front of the records. They weren't able to get to them AND it may have sent a message to behave or you'll end up back in jail LOL

13 hours ago, sobesmom said:

LOL - love the "threat" of jail, as well as the physical barrier.  

Well done.  Thanks for sharing.

My greys are gone - the stories of their misadventures - I now tell with a smile and laugh.  

Absolutely!

i have to admit the girls are so damn cute it’s hard to lay the law down. I’m just a big softy ^_^