Whose Is Ready For Mountain Hounds 2018?

Maddiesmom

Mountain Hounds 2018

Its that time of year again. Registrations for Mountain Hounds 2018 are now open, This will be our 14th year (yes 14 years} that the best little event you ever attended will he held. Mountain Hounds is in the beautiful Smoky Mountains of Gatlinburg TN! And we would love for you and your greyhound :ghplaybow to join us!

Dates: Thursday May 31st- Sunday June 3, 2018

You can also find us on facebook at www.facbook.com/GFNCMountain hounds

Host hotel: Sidney James Mountain Lodge www.sidneyjames.com

Questions: You can contact us on the website or you can ask questions below this post.

We start on Thursday with registration, seeing old friends and making new friends, :cheers, pizza dinner at Mynatt Park and then Bingo, a Walk through town, and lots of FUN!!! :balloonparty We keep on going until you can't go anymore! So come well rested!!! There is also shopping at vending, games, shopping, costume contest, the Mountain Hounds Hustle :gh_runner , shopping. and lots to do. Did I mention shopping?!? And what happens in Gatlinburg stays in Gatlinburg!!

Be on the lookout for the yearly countdown in the future by Millie. As of today there are 94 days to go. :bounce8

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Sadly, we won't be attending this year...I'll miss seeing a lot of people we've come to know.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Always a great time. The area is beautiful. And last year I was sitting in a patio area by the creek looking at my phone and I looked up and a bear cub head appears. Uh oh.Where is Momma bear? I went to find a person from the hotel. When we got back to the spot the Mommma and two cubs were walking along the parking lot of the hotel that used to be behind the Sidney James. They all climbed up the hills into the woods. Pretty cool. I have been to Mountain Hounds I think 7 times and it was my first time seeing a bear.

Guest goofydog2

Sadly, we won't be attending this year...I'll miss seeing a lot of people we've come to know.

Jan, I will miss see you and Dave and the pups!

Guest goofydog2

I posted in another MtH thread about always making my next years reservation prior to leaving and wanted to clarify a bit more. If you end up not being able the event the following year there hadn't been traditionally hasn't been a cancellation fee, given a timely cancellation. Mainly because the resort knows that there are more waiting in the wings to grab the rooms. I believe if you register for the next years event with the best intentions of attending then you do not, you shouldn't have a problem rehoming you room.

Hope to see you there!

Racindog, regarding room availability you should contact the event organizer, Lynda Montgomery, via the Mountain Hounds FB page. She'll know if there are rooms are available or not more so than the hotel staff. She has a great working relationship with the Sidney James.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Anyone stayed elsewhere other than the SJ? My only concern would be where to park for Bingo.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Anyone stayed elsewhere other than the SJ? My only concern would be where to park for Bingo.

Might be more of a problem to find a dog friendly place to stay.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Can Galgos come?

Yep! There was even an Iggie last year.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Can Galgos come?

Yes, we have lots of different breeds, including some small ones. We ask those with small dogs to understand the greyhound breed and to be aware of their little on at all times.

Parking can be a PITA. There is a parking lot a bit down the hill. Or parking at the park. BUT do not walk back in the dark to the park you may find a bear. I can always give you a ride to the park after Bingo.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Other accomodations...........big sigh escapes as I type..................we are calling all the dog friendly hotels in Gatlinburg AGAIN to ask about letting greys stay there. Last year the response was No, the dog has to be smaller then a roll of stamps to stay here. Not really, but geesh hotels a 10lb weight limit??? Yes one did tell me 10lbs. And one said Pet Friendly and what they meant was Service Dogs. I said, hmm that is federal law that is not PET FRIENDLY.

​There is a Red Roof and a La Quinta in Pigeon Forge. They are about 9 miles away. Info is on the website, Someone also said the Timber Lodge in Pigeon Forge is pet friendly.

https://gfncmountainhounds.com/event/accommodations/

We do have someone staying at an Air BnB. This one was available last time I checked

The website also lists two cabin rental places. Several people have stayed at cabins and enjoyed their stay. They have been accommodating with a large qty of greys instead of their normal 2 pet max.

As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

There's a Motel 6 in Gatlinburg, they are usually extremely pet friendly. Some reviews have not been good, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody it's me Millie. I'm here to update the countdown as of today there are 81 more sleeps til Mountain Hounds.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I just registered. I will have Princess who was with me 2 years ago and our new one, Buddy. Looking forward to seeing all my old friends.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Bill, so glad that you will able to come this year.

I *might* have a new one with me. :ph34r I still have to see how she will do in the car and with butt sniffing from strangers.

tiny hada siggy.png

We got in the SJ on a cancellation! Look for us- I want to meet everybody! This is the first greyhound event for my new boy Octane. He is a ~70# cow doggy and will be with his little sidekick Search & Rescue/Recovery dog Reba.17Dec2017_7_aarr5z.jpg

I got reservations at the Country Inn, figured this and BBH are going to be my only not-visits-to-Mom this year, I can splurge a little. BUT--if any lady is coming without a hound, or has one that is okay with being muzzled, send me a PM and maybe we can split.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ebbe body. It's me, MILlie. Anyone know how many more days til Mountain Hounds.

Give up. There are 67 more days to go. I'll be back to update the countdown later. I need to go and count my pennies to see how much I have to spend at vending. Bye ebbe body.

MiLlie

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Room at the Sidney James and am willing to share!! Two queens and a sleeper sofa. PM if you are interested!!

I am coming late Thursday and leaving Sunday. We can split all or some. Same conditions apply. THANKS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ebberbody. :wave Its me MiLlie. Anyone know how many days til Mountain Hounds?

Gibe up? There are 42 more days til Mom and I gits two partee withs all our friends. :mexi2 so excited. :offwall:banana

I gotta runs as Mommy needs the computer. Geesh Mom, I am updating ebberbody on how many days til MH.(Mudders is all I have to say, so demanding) :hehe

Bye mah friends. I'll be back.

MiLlie

We have posted this on Face Book and will be sending in a newsletter as well. If you are interested in a Paint A Greyhound party now is the time.

Art Studio of the Smokies is holding two paint classes for Mountain Hounds attendees. Have fun with other greyhound friends while you paint a greyhound on a 16x20 canvas. Customize the greyhound color, or go for art deco. Cost is $30 for 2 hours of instructions and fun. (due to space limitations, this is a humans only event)

Click the link to go to Sign Up Genius where you can select from two dates,
May 30, Wed 4-6pm
June 1, Fri 2-4pm
Payment is due at class time.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080f4ba9ad23abf49-paint

(edited for spelling)

Edited by montgomery2524