Slim The Man 12/21/99 - 8/15/06

racindog

Well Slim its that time again when I celebrate another year of your love. As usual I am amazed by what all you did-not surprised, because you do it every year! but amazed.

The first really cooll thing that comes to mind was the really really bright “star” in the sky not long after sunset. I knew it was from you. It just was so unusual. So of course I take a picture to have to remember it with and the picture shows this big orb within feet of me zooming by! It looks like it is heading toward me……your love…all the way from where you are!

And when I look up on the computer to see if I could find out what that star was…..haha! it was VENUS- the planet of LOVE! - the brightest natural object in the sky (after the Moon). OH SLIM! You devil dog you. You sure know how to make me melt.

Here is the picture-you can see the lone 'star'(love planet) and the orb coming right at me:

slimVenus2016ORB_da9wt3.jpg

And I remember the butterflies you sent to welcome me home from work that day. I never seen so many identical beautiful butterflies right in front of me at the same time. It was really something to see. So many of them! And exactly at the time I was opening my gate to come home.

OH SLIM. You know you are so much a part of my life that many of my friends-who have never met you-know you pretty well. I was so happily surprised one day when I was telling 2 friends about how harmless and docile greyhounds were when one blurted out ”But not Slim!” And I laughed and said, “No not Slim” and then something to the effect that Slim would have tore ‘em up. It is comforting that you are still so much a part of my life that my friends know you!

I open up your picture folder one day and right off I see this strange picture in the “Slim” folder that is supposed to only have pictures of you in it. And I open it to see what it was as I figured it was just filed in the wrong folder and wow again. THANK YOU SLIM! I honestly don’t ever remember having seen it before and even if I had I would never have put it in my Slim folder. But that’s irrelevant because we both know who put it there don’t we, and I just can’t tell you how much it means to me. A message directly from you:

10392595_10152821797191740_1918139246771

Our picture moving games continued to go on. One day I noticed you moved the big heavy multipicture frame in the bedroom a lot. You actually bent the page protected paper beside it and it was kind of like wedged. It was very cool because it clearly was a deliberate act and could not have just happened and I did not straighten it. It wasn’t too long after this that you stopped re-adjusting the picture in the living room we had gone back and forth over for years. Week after week you wouldn’t move it. I pleaded with you to move it again. Then one day I put 3 greyhound memorial pictures on that wall and moved “our” picture above them. Sadly I figured our game we had so long enjoyed must be over. I placed it very securely and it absolutely would not be able to move without somebody moving it. It was even braced against a molding strip on the wall. I had to be honest and I knew that you could move it if you wanted to still. That is one of the things that has made your signs so great- they are REAL- and often self-validate themselves. I was kind of sad because I had always cherished and tremendously enjoyed the game we had played for years with you always making that picture crooked after I had straightened it.

Imagine my shock and relief when of a sudden I look and it is crooked again!!!!!!!! Oh happy days! What a relief. How wonderful. Still I didn’t understand why you had stopped moving it for so long and then suddenly started back up. And I walked over there once to just stare and marvel at how amazing the whole thing was…directly underneath of our picture is a greyhound memorial picture that says “I wonder if the old girl misses me as much as I miss her.” Standing there for a moment as a result of the sudden picture being moved again and wow!-you got through and told me… that you miss me as much as I miss you!!!!!!!

It hit me like a ton of bricks. You had engineered the whole thing. You led me over there with all the straightening and unstraightening at exactly the right time to get me in the feeler and receive your most effective and moving message. Oh WOW. I can’t straighten that picture yet, nor have I straightened the one in the bedroom. I am still treasuring the feeling every time I see them crooked and realize that you love and miss me as much as I do you. You had to go to a lot of trouble to send that last message.

Just look. It is twisted as far as can be-up against the one below it- and is overtop of the rather thick molding- AND how it could overcome the stability of the strong metal hanger….well we know don’t we Slim.

2017May_2_pkqgkr.jpg

I MISS YOU AS MUCH AS YOU MISS ME. YOU MISS ME AS MUCH AS I MISS YOU. We both feel that way. Just like with everything else we are one again…same thoughts, same feelings, …. same soul.

WOW. Always one. Always together. Forever. God how I love you.

You’re the best Slim. And yes, you know I love K9 Reba and I have quite a special relationship with her but well- had it not been for you the Reba & Donna show would never have happened. So I have you to thank for the relationship I have with her. And of course the G-Man Gilly Boy, and Bobber which led to Momma that you sent. You sure take good care of me. Slim I could just go on and on and on but never forget I love you best big dog.

Slimtryme_zsdm3b.jpgSlimdesktop_kaf9ym.jpg

Edited by racindog

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hugs as you remember your special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.