Raw Frozen Tripe

Isn't raw frozen tripe supposed to be green?

I bought 50 lbs of lamb tripe but it's brown, like it's mixed with the meat... I thought it was just tripe... this is the link to what I bought, but the 5 lb tubes... http://www.aplaceforpaws.com/product/lamb-tripe-2-lb-container-2/#prettyPhoto[product-gallery]/1/ if you scroll down to the small pic and click on it, it shows you the 5 lb tubes...

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

I've had tripe that color - actually almost always. Green is a special smelly variety!

What is nice about the tripe that is not green is it still provides a lot of the meat 80% component, so you shouldn't consider it to be the 10% only organ component. You could technically feed that kinda of tripe on it's own and still get away with full nutrition. I just wouldn't make a habit of feeding that only for a long period of time.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

The color can change depending on the animal it comes from. Beef tripe is usually a dull greyish green, think army olive drab :lol. It has been awhile since I got lamb tripe as Conner doesn't do well with lamb.

Edited to,add, if it is mixed with organ meat, that would make it browner

Edited by Remolacha

That company has good stuff. I wouldn't worry, the color can vary.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We had some that was brownish gray. Wow, did the dogs love it!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

It's OK! I have fed lots of tripe-even big pieces that were not chopped up. It's always basically brown if its the real deal. A Place for Paws is a good reliable place with quality product. I fed a lot of tripe from them. It is good- ENJOY!!!!