Chicken Feet

Joy's 4th birthday and 2nd Gotcha Day are coming up in around 2 weeks. My local grocery store has chicken feet. I know I shouldn't cook them but are they OK to give raw? The only time I had chicken feet for my dog was a few years ago and they were freeze dried.

Thanks.

Also, don't tell Joy that I'm thinking about getting her chicken feet.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Raw is the only way to go! Crunch crunch crunch. She'll love em! (Ry also gets dehydrated but there is a certain quality about the raw ones, I feel it works the teeth better)

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

They are disgusting to look at. My dogs have always loved them and for me, they are hard to find.

If you watch them eat the feet, while the "fingers" are hanging out of their mouth, it looks like they swallowed a body. Yuck. Give them to her. She will love them. You, not so much.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Yep. It has a certain level of ick factor, but you get used to it. I once made a birthday cake with chicken feet on top and we've also used the feet as the "stick" for meatsicles. :lol

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Freezing the feet prolongs the fun.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rainy

I once made a birthday cake with chicken feet on top and we've also used the feet as the "stick" for meatsicles. :lol

Too funny!

I tried them with mine, but she didn't like them raw. Loved them freeze dried though.

Joy got chicken feet for her Gotcha Day. I forgot to put them in the refrigerator and guess who ate the whole package? I wasn't worried about her eating the whole package. She didn't get supper though and she didn't seem to care. I guess the package was enough.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.