Stroller For Tanzi

Guest goofydog

No direct knowledge, however I saw a foldable wagon this past weekend that had nylon sides and a solid bottom. It folded to a size that was easily lifted in to the trunk of a compact car. I'm not sure if Cindy Frezon, a fab GH photographer BTW, is on here regularly but you can probably do a quick google search and find her.

Tanzi loves her Momma for finding a way to keep her ventures going!

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Tanzi may just surprise you & refuse to have any help... But at MH 2015, a woman had this https://www.amazon.com/Doggyhut-Trailer-Bicycle-Carrier-7030202/dp/B00B56P2OC and it seemed to work very well for her guy.

I am thinking of you both & sending best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

This.

While I think it is a good idea to take a cart/wagon along you also want her to build muscle back in her remaining leg.

A determined & independent hound won't be be discouraged by being 1 leg down.

I created a monster by letting Twiggy decide what her rehab would be. Five years later, this now twelve-year-old still out-runs me for hours/miles. She (nor I) wouldn't have it any other way.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Alas, I don't think Tanzi is going to be able to build up to be able to do long stuff. She's quick to lay down and rest. But I do think she will take to a stroller/wagon.

The little Tykes would be number one on my list, but it takes up too much room. I need something that fits in the SUV with two dogs.

This is similar to the one I got for Jake. It's high off the ground so I had to pick him up to get him in it. Also it doesn't have any brakes. Personally I think it's heavy and a lot of weight to pull around even without a hound in it. I never really used it for those reasons.

http://t.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55704446&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:55704446:20331218-DSG:LIFESTYLE-CAMPING_BACKYARD_FURNITURE&gclid=CKyszoawrdACFU5LDQodvVoDFQ

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Actually this item with the fatter wheels might work better.

http://t.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=87374376&clickid=prod_cs&recid=prod_PageElement_product_rr_2_1072

I was also looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-Stroller-Suspension/dp/B00N11PEPQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479306644&sr=8-1&keywords=dog+strollers+for+large+dogs

But if I'm on gravel or grass, which would be easier to move? The large wheeled stroller, or flat wheel wagon.

yeah I agree, but pulling is also easier than pushing. I think I'm leaning towards the stroller though. They're both pretty heavy.

But now as I think about it, if is just collapses, across the middle, it might be too tall to fit in the SUV without laying it down, which then takes up too much room. I'll have to think about this.

Edited by MP_the4pack

• 7 months later...