Answers Raw Food

Guest bernadette

Guest bernadette

THRILLED is what I this morning after Mickey FINALLY had his first normal poo! I KNOW not everyone I know would understand, but this board will ;)

We have had Mickey for about two months and hadn't yet experienced anything but diarrhea or thick pudding poo. After introducing Mickey to Answers over the last week, this morning was the best thing that could have happened- I am so happy and I can't imagine how much better he must be feeling.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is amazing and I needed to share :)

THRILLED is what I this morning after Mickey FINALLY had his first normal poo! I KNOW not everyone I know would understand, but this board will ;)

We have had Mickey for about two months and hadn't yet experienced anything but diarrhea or thick pudding poo. After introducing Mickey to Answers over the last week, this morning was the best thing that could have happened- I am so happy and I can't imagine how much better he must be feeling.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but this is amazing and I needed to share :)

Sounds great! I'm curious, what's the cost like on this? Looking at the website we have someone who stocks it nearby. Might be worth a try for Rocket and his on again / off again tummy issues.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest bernadette

Sounds great! I'm curious, what's the cost like on this? Looking at the website we have someone who stocks it nearby. Might be worth a try for Rocket and his on again / off again tummy issues.

You know what.. I am not yet 100% sure. Until today, we have been feeding free samples given to us by the pet store (CherryBrook) and a rep for Answers. Avoderm kibble in the morning, mixed with fermented fish stock Evening meal is Answers beef mix and a side of raw goat milk. He loves ALL of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I switched both my dogs over to a Raw diet after I did some work for a pet food company and saw what actually went into the products and how little the nutritional value was, even the expensive vet recommended brands. That night I went home and donated all the food I had to charity and started mine on the raw diet.

The change in my dogs is indescribable! My boy would not put weight on and had persistent dandruff and dull coat……he put on 3 kilos in 2 months and has the shiniest, clean coat.

I found that it’s cheaper to make their food packages up than buy it from a company. I go to the local markets and buy bulk vegi’s, meat, supplements and diary and package it up each week. It’s a bit of a chore but it’s 40% cheaper than using the local company.

f023be7e-5a19-4ae1-8afe-8834a7fafa96_zps538667b1-5d6a-4dee-b6b3-654aa5912718_zps

I would love to hear how you do this…what kind of food and how much to package for each meal. Did you start by reading books on it?? DaVid has IBD so I have only been able to feed him vet food at $92.00 a bag. The Galgos will eat anything. Thanks

Lots of good info on this forum -- do a search and you'll get a ton of info.

I use a supplier in the UK which also provides some good free advice as well: http://honeysrealdogfood.com/raw-feeding-advice/

Our hound's been much better since we made the switch. Better poopin', coat so shiny gets frequently remarked on, etc.

• 5 months later...

We've used Answers Detailed for a number of years and really like it. Not the cheapest, but we get a decent break on buying it by the case. My grey and borzoi are both 9 and seem much younger, do very well on their blood work, are good poopers, and my grey is bunny-soft. Answers gets high marks from numerous food advisors (incl. Susan Thixton) and is pasteurized for safety instead of by high pressure.