Problem With Violet - Getting Worse, Now Muzzle

Hope you've got things under control by now!

We started Lilly on Apoquel yesterday evening for some generic itchiness and red ears, thighs, and butt. Within about 45 minutes she was no longer licking and biting at herself. I'm now considering it a miracle drug! Hope Violet has as good a result.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Feel better sweet girl...

That was for Violet.....but you too Jen!

:lol:kiss2

Chris, that's what the vet said - 30 min to an hr to kick in. He said we'd know within a few hrs whether it was allergies or not because it would clear up quickly, which was why I've still been a bit worried, but I think she looks a bit better now than a few hrs ago so hopefully it's just taking a bit longer than expected to clear up. :goodluck

Glad the Apoquel has worked so well for you. I had heard good things but this is my first experience with it.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Oh yeah, just got up from our nap so I could look at her straight on rather than with her laying on top of me. :lol She looks *much* better than even when I got home today. :clap

I'm supposed to keep her on the Apoquel for the full 5 days and I think I'll give her Deramaxx again tonight to be safe, but hopefully we're over the hump. :goodluck

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I think she is feeling better :lol

PhotoGrid_1457222560875_zpsaxpnwcjr.jpg

Glad she's looking and feeling better. I was hoping you'd check her gum color periodically. Relieved that's better.

The bones are a little red flag since there have been news reports of too many mean people leaving bad things for dogs around our region. Continued healing thoughts for Violet (and that it's not an abscess, inner lip critter bite, etc.).

Tbanks. The bone today was just from trash. Unfortunately we come across those far tip often. And the other bits of bone the other 2 days were from her raw food. So nothing too nefarious, just concerning that her stomach may be a bit upset.

Face is still not swollen though, woo hoo.