Everywhere Is Out Of Canned Tripe!

Petco and our local warehouse store, Goober Pet Direct, are all out of Solid Gold tripe. The lady at Goober said they can't find anyone to make it because it's so smelly! I think I'm going to order some dried stuff from Amazon. There is some canned available on Amazon, but only if you buy 12 cans and what if he doesn't like it? Just thought I'd let you guys know to stock up if you do have it close to you!

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Are there any independent pet stores near you? I have Wag N Wash and Noble Beast near me. Also maybe Pet Club has it?

I called Kodi's and they do have it so I'm going to try to get there after work. No go at Pet Club, but I'll try the other two if Kodi's is out (they said it was in stock!) Thanks!

If you ived near me you could run to the grocery and buy fresh green unbleached tripe (which is really greyish green) in the meat department.. Maybe check Mexican meat markets in your area - there have to be some.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

If you ived near me you could run to the grocery and buy fresh green unbleached tripe (which is really greyish green) in the meat department.. Maybe check Mexican meat markets in your area - there have to be some.

I've been to some Mexican markets here, but all I see is the bleached tripe.

I've only seen the bleached tripe here as well, and some of the carnecerias in my neighborhood are not what you would call "high end" :lol if anyone had it they would.

It is probably a long haul for you, but I get my frozen green tripe from Suzi's, which is also Butcher Bob's in Surprise. Call ahead though, I don't think they carry the dog stuff in the store, but you can pick it up there. 623-764-5964

Edited by Remolacha

Here it is actually the large store Hispanic chains (and there are 3 near me - ones that used to be Kroger, Albertsons etc.) that carry green. I think the smaller ones don't have enough space and just keep the bleached for Menudo. Maybe let your fingers do the walking and call around?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I use Tripett canned Original Green Tripe, I used to order a case at a time online at Pet Food Direct, but talked my local Mom and Pop type store into carrying it for me since I couldn't find it elsewhere. I believe I bought a few small cans to see if they would eat it before I started ordering case quantities My guys like it better than the Solid Gold Tripe if you have to change brands.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

I've only seen the bleached tripe here as well, and some of the carnecerias in my neighborhood are not what you would call "high end" :lol if anyone had it they would.

It is probably a long haul for you, but I get my frozen green tripe from Suzi's, which is also Butcher Bob's in Surprise. Call ahead though, I don't think they carry the dog stuff in the store, but you can pick it up there. 623-764-5964

I buy bones at Suzi's. Fantastic to deal with. Suzi's also delivers for a pretty reasonable fee if you can wait until their delivery day on your side of town.

http://www.freshrawdogfood.com/

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

It IS hard to get genuine SG Green Cow! Lately when I wanted canned I got it from Chewy's. They do have some other quality brands at a good price-or at least they did. I think the brand I got was from Canada(Tripett?) like the Orijen kibble is. A shame the US doesn't have the real good quality stuff anymore.

Edited by racindog