New Behavior For Magic

As some of you know, Magic is 14 and has several degenerative issues (LS, LP, arthritis, dementia, and is deaf). I have very little trouble dealing with these issues.

The last couple of days he has been more of a "momma's boy" than normal. He'll get up and come over for a petting and hug. Is it possible that he feels that the end is coming and just wants some snuggle time with me or is he just being more lovable than normal?

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Quite a few of my seniors have also done this. As humans do, as they age they seem to revert to their younger selves, including wanting to be closer to their caregivers. Old Dogs are the Best Dogs and every day is a gift. Enjoy those snuggles. Please give Magic a big hug from me. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Cuddly Magic; one of my very favourites. Give him lots of hugs and kisses for me.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PiagetsMom

You'll never really know, but I had something similar happen with my bridge girl Piaget. She was always sweet as she could be, but a very independent girl who was often in another room by herself instead of with the rest of us - not one for hugs or snuggling. Several months before I lost her I felt that something was not right with her, but vet checks turned up nothing significant. I lost her suddenly to a broken leg and osteo was suspected.

Those last few months she was a sponge for attention, seeking out loving and hugs, and I remember remarking to my husband how unusual that was for her and how much I enjoyed it. I'll always consider it a wonderful gift from her before she left me. Regardless of the reason for Magic's increased snuggle time, soak it up and treasure every moment you can :grouphug

I found that as Aida (Japanese Chin) aged & her senses deteriorated, especially her hearing, she would come and sit beside me on the settee, it seemed that as she couldn't hear me anywhere around, she needed to feel me beside her.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.