Hello And Welcome

Guest Kryspen

Guest Kryspen

Greetings to one and all. I'm David and I live in Dudley, England.

My wife Carole and I lost our beloved and elderly Australian Shepherd at the grand old age of 20. Once recovered we have adopted Mac (racing name Gee Mac) from the Retired Greyhound Trust. Mac is a black boy and only moderate sized.

Just discovered this forum and hoping for loads of advice on looking for our new furbaby. He's still settling in and seems to have reverted to puppy hood. No piece of paper or cardboard is safe from his teeth!

Other than that he is the most wonderful dog. Everyone who has met him loves him.

Picture to follow (when I can wake him to take one :))

Cheers for now,

David

Welcome! And congratulations on joining the cult um.. I mean... world... of greyhounds!!!

And we'll take sleeping pictures till he wakes up!

(Where in England is Dudley?)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Welcome to Mac and his humans from the foothills of Virginia in the U.S. Look at all the money you're saving by not having to buy a mechanical paper shredder.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest Kryspen

Greetings and many thanks for all the welcoming words.

(Where in England is Dudley?)

Dudley is in the West Midlands, a little west and slightly north of Birmingham. We reckon we'll be part of "Greater Birmingham" soon, though.

And I'll post a picture of him just as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest allopatry

Welcome to the cult! 20 years surely was a grand old age for a dog.

My newly adopted grey will redecorate/reorganize things at her level in the house, but only rarely chews. Seems to happen when I'm away for a period of time she isn't used to, such as when I travel over the weekend. As he grows more comfortable, he will probably minimize chewing, but of course be proactive about not providing chewables.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.