Glucosamine Supplements

Guest Cardiffcouple

Guest Cardiffcouple

Hi all!

Does anyone use Get Up & Go supplements? Any comments? If not this kind what kind do you use? Our nine year old has very shaky legs when she gets up. I worry that they are starting to give her some pain. She also licks her shins sometimes. Same worry.

Thank you for sharing!

Chris

I'd like to be able to give Peggy those Pedigree joint care sticks like I gave my last dog, but it makes her throw up.

Some senior branded foods have got Glucosamine and Chondroitin in them anyway.

Another thought is Tendonitis, something the vet can help with perhaps?

I've never used it but have heard really good things about Get up & Go from quite a few people. Hopefully some of the GT people who swear by it will see this and post.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

As recommended by my vet, I use Dasuqin with MSM Soft Chews, and even though it's an OTC med, Annie's health insurance company pays 90% of its cost, after I've reached my annual deductible. I can't say that I've noticed any difference in her, but she does have arthritis in her spine and the vet was hoping that this would help keep Annie healthier for a longer period of time.

Edited by Feisty49

I use Next Level for mine. It's liquid and for horses and dogs. It works great and very cost effective.

I think that's what I read was recommended by folks in the greyhound racing community.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I've been using Get Up & Go supplements for a couple of months after trying several other supplements and noticed a difference quickly. I like that the products are pure with no fillers, dyes, etc. If you give glucosamine, it is only and purely glucosamine powder and nothing else. Our girl is 9 also and is acting spunkier than she was when we adopted her at 5.

Edited by sarabz

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I think that's what I read was recommended by folks in the greyhound racing community.

It was recommended to me by someone who lure courses their retired greys. It has made a huge difference in my boy who is 9 and starting to have some hind-end weakness and my lab mix who has arthritis his left rear leg.

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

just started felix on get up and go, will let you know in a month or so. do contact claudia at the greyhound gang. she's pretty knowledgable and after you start the entire regime of supplements it's possible to reduce to glucosamine & msm i believe. (need to look at our conversations). that will save a bundle.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest driser

We have been using Cloud Star Dynamo Dog Hip and Joint treats for months and have noticed a difference in absence of hip pain (no limping). Needed a grain free G&C option and prefer treat form. He gets one with his proflora treat morning and night. LIVES FOR THEM so clearly yummy.

We have been using Quarterpole supplements: http://www.quarterpole.net/dog-joint-supplement.html

Dog doesn't mind, it's a largely tasteless, odorless powder we sprinkle on his feed--nothing extra.

It's pricey, but we've been dosing him twice daily since July and we're barely half done with the first container.

If need be, you could mix it with any add-ins like peanut butter, pumpkin or yogurt. I was surprised, he

gobbles it down with his Purina Proplan and a little water and fish oil swirled on it all.

Our 9-year-old grey had much less leg shaking on standing and more pep in his step a month in on them. :-)

We had been using the Trader Joe's glucosamine bites, with less dramatic results, I think the dosage of those was too low to do much good (more tasty stuff and filler, less glucosamine)

Edited by Willowsmum