A Better Ear Bandage?

Brees did "it" again, and has a decent ear laceration. No parts missing that I see. After a good bath to clean her up and get rid of the cat piss stench, the thing is bleeding nicely. I have her in a snood of two tube sock shafts, layered. (this is after she quickly removed a single layer, and sprayed blood all over the living room). The blood has already soaked through, and I think she's going to take it off the second I fall asleep tonight.

Other ideas?

I gave her one of Joe's Xanax and 25mg of Tramadol.

Vet tomorrow, I know. Rabies shot and antibiotics.

This place looks like a crime scene.

Maybe the foot portion of a pair of panty hose? That might be light enough to not attract too much attention. And maybe a panty liner inside the hose for the blood?

And you might want to consider a muzzle; perhaps the strap would interfere with her ability to get the snood off her head.

Keep a towel handy. If you wake up to more bloodshed, the towel gives you something you can quickly throw over her head while you move her to an easier-to-clean location--and prevent her from the big head shake (or at least soak up the damage).

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

get yourself a maxi pad, fold it over the ear flap ( Absorbent side to the wound) (do not remove the adhesive strip protector). Flip the ear flap on top of the head, then gauze wrap in an X over the maxi pad with the whole thing flipped on top of her head. Then slide a knee high pantyhose (toe cut off) over the whole set up. This should hold if she paws at it, do you have a cone of confusion?

Oh no, not again. Brees why can't you just leave the kitties alone? Do you want to borrow Jake's cone?

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Ouch! No suggestions, but did she have her new collar on by chance? Feel better soon, cutie-pie!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

sounds like the kitty nicked a capillary- some quick stop should help clot it and then you might not have to bandage. the only thing i could think of is the way danes and dobbie pups have their ears bandaged when they are cropped. we didn't need antibiotics w/ annie's last kitty incident, just a rabies booster, the scratch was cleaned well and there was no sign of infection. ah, another member of the kitty zappers- like lay's potato chips they just can't have one!

We keep Poise pads and vet wrap on hand for those types of things. Poise pads soak up a LOT of blood. Rocky had a stitch come loose when he had a bump taken off his leg and blood was spurting everywhere. We wrapped a Poise pad around it and then vet wrapped the whole thing so we didn't have blood all over the car. My vet was so impressed he said he was going to buy Poise pads to keep in the clinic. We've also used them on ears with vet wrap.

They're also handy in belly bands for boy dogs. MANY uses!

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Just back from the vet. They all laughed! I eventually used a maxi pad and knee high; fabulous combo. Thank you!

Brees is a little "off" this morning, but no fever. I gave her the ABs in a cheeseburger, so she's happy right now.

Alicia, this is WHY I bought those collars. I'm sad, though, that she doesn't get to wear them until she heals. They're too pretty to get all bloody!

Alicia, this is WHY I bought those collars. I'm sad, though, that she doesn't get to wear them until she heals. They're too pretty to get all bloody!

I hate to laugh because I know this is a huge ordeal for you, but... :lol

Maybe Jen will do an in-home with you to teach Brees how NOT to demolish feral cats.