Peppers Swollen Glands

Hi all its been a while since I have been on gt. been a busy time of late. but could you kind folk spare a few kind thoughts for pepper.he is not himself we have been to vets and on examination his neck glands are very swollen, it could be through a bad tooth causing infection ,or possibly lymphoma, he is on antibiotics and we have to monitor him for the next week to see how things are, he seems normal, but there is something not right

Oh no Peter, I do so hope it is just a tooth. He seemed so full of himself when I last saw him. His glands were up then but it was hard to believe there was anything wrong, he was his usual self. If I can do anything please let me know. Keeping Pep and all of you in my thoughts.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Have you checked his other glands, especially the popliteal, which are easy to locate at the back of the hind leg just above the knee? If they are also swollen I hate to say it, but you are most likely dealing with lymphoma :(. My Beanie started with swollen glands and it did not end well with her. I pray that this is not the case with Pepper.

Just want to add that if other glands are swollen you need to get him in immediately to do a FNA to verify lymphoma. If it is lymphoma and you plan to fight it speed is of the essence.

Edited by 4My2Greys

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Good thoughts for Pepper.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I really, really hope this isn't the case, but Murphy's swelling went way down with antibiotics, but he still turned out to have Lymphoma and they swelled right up again as soon as the antibiotic ended.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I really, really hope this isn't the case, but Murphy's swelling went way down with antibiotics, but he still turned out to have Lymphoma and they swelled right up again as soon as the antibiotic ended.

To be honest this is why I would have the nodes aspirated.

Pepper's been on my mind lately--any updates?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.