Spriet And Tibbie Update

Yesterday we took Spriet and Tibbie to the vet for their yearly check-up and vaccinations.

Tibbie (14 years old) is loosing her eyesight. When the vet tested her reflexes she was very slow. She is also loosing her hearing and is panting a lot (due to heart problems). But besides that, she is in good condition (can easily walk a few miles) and she loves her walks.

Spriet (11 years old) has a tumor we noticed this in november 2012. We didn't do any test back then, because we didn't want Spriet to go through any more tests and pain. But now we know it's probably cancer. The tumor is getting bigger (a few inches already) and is spreading to other mammory glands. Luckily it doesn't seem to bother Spriet. She does limp a bit, but that's from old injuries. She gets a very low dose of pain meds.

The last couple of weeks Spriet was coughing a bit.. Not a lot (sometimes days without a cough), but is sounds a bit raspy. This could be temporary (because of pollen or something) or the cancer has spread.. Her lungs sound good right now, so we don't know.

We will just have to wait and see. We need to take in account that this doesn't sound good for her and we don't know how long it will take before she gets sick or pain.

Spriet seems not to be bothered. The last year she is so much more playful and affectionate. She likes to throw her stuffies in the air, doing a playbow and scaring the neighbors chickens by barking at them.

v1.jpg

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

I love that picture Anne of your two sweet babies. I hope you have many more days and months with both of them.

Have you thought about giving Tibbie CoQ10. I read an article recently that said several studies have shown that taking it can actually improve survival in heart failure patients.

Good thoughts for both Spriet an Tibbie. Always love pictures of them.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Lots of good thoughts for two of my favourite old lady canines. :)

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

They both look terrific. I hope that they remain happy for a long long time.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That is a beautiful photo!!! I love your photos of your two wonderful babies. It is so hard to see them age knowing that time is limited. They look so happy and are still loving life. Hugs to you and them! Janice, Luka and Peace.

That photo is breathtaking! Of course, the subject matter makes all the difference. :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart Hoping and praying that you can make this same report next year. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead