Hello, Just Joined Greytalk

Guest steveo225

Guest steveo225

Hello everybody. My name is Steve. I have been involved with greyhounds for about 8 years now. My first 2 greys, Rosie and Mariah died at a young age at nearly the same time for unrelated reasons. Then I fostered a few until I finally found 2 more greys I could call my own. I love all dogs, but I can't imagine not having a sigthound, and greyhounds just fit everything I love and want in a dog.

I am also the webmaster for Nittany Greyhounds and the Greyhounds in Gettysburg event. So, even if I don't know any of you, I am sure I have interacted with a lot of you indirectly. I thought it was about time to get to know the community on a more intimate level. Greyhounds in Gettysburg 2013 (my first) was wonderful, largely because of all the interactions I got with so many of you in the community.

So, hello and thank you all for everything you do for the dogs.

Welcome! Oh how I wish there were more cool west coast greyhound events. :)

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Welcome to GT!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest steveo225

I have a Nittany girl. I thought I saw something about a new interface for the main site. How does that work?

That's awesome! What was her Nittany name, I may remember her?

As for the site, go to our "themes" page (http://www.nittanygreys.org/?page=themes), there are 3 to choose from. A super basic version, the classic version, and the new version. Whatever version you choose will be applied to all our sites.

:wave Welcome to GT! I'm looking forward to hearing about your hounds.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Liz_in_PA

That's awesome! What was her Nittany name, I may remember her?.

Bonnie Kelley. She was an economic bounce four or so years ago. Kim had her as a long term foster. For a long time, Bonnie tried to be invisible. Today, she's a PITA who ripped my sheets and is welcome to go with the first person who has a leash and Parmesan for her kibble.

Guest steveo225

:wave Welcome to GT! I'm looking forward to hearing about your hounds.

Thanks! I am trying to find pictures, but I have a new laptop and they aren't loaded, I have to have them somwehere

Bonnie Kelley. She was an economic bounce four or so years ago. Kim had her as a long term foster. For a long time, Bonnie tried to be invisible. Today, she's a PITA who ripped my sheets and is welcome to go with the first person who has a leash and Parmesan for her kibble.

I do vaguely remember her, about 5 years ago or so. Nobody said they were always easy ;)

Guest steveo225

Here is a little history of my greys:

From Left to Right are Rosie, Mariah, Penny, and Caly

Rosie was our first and an absolute mess. She was the spookiest dog I have ever met. When she died, she was happy, friendly, out-going, and a different dog. She was a tough dog, but she help me understand spooks. I am now a "dog whisperer" to those who know me because I can walk up to almost any spook now and they trust me. At least 5 people tried to convince me that she should not be my first greyhound, but somewhere deep down, I knew she was mine, and I miss her every day.

Mariah was 6ish when we got her, she needed a new home because of alpha issues in her first home. We came home from vacation and she had been dropped of at the kennel less than an hour before. I fell in love instantly. This made a lot of people upset, as there was a long line for blues. I could care less about color, I think that is why Nittany gave her to me. She followed me like she was on an invisible leash. She played hard, really hard and a few pricey vet bills patching battle wounds tell that story much better. When she died of lymphoma, my heart was broken for the first time in my life.

Penny was the first grey we got after losing Rosie and Mariah in the span of a few months. We were fosters, and failed. She made me love a dog again and not just remember my loss. She is smart, too smart. But we taught her to sit, although she is smart enough to never demonstrate that to anybody (luckily we have photo proof :D). She hated GiG last year, so she will stay home and be missed this year.

Caly was a surprise. I was volunteering at the kennel when a dog haul arrived. She was 1 of 3 and I loved them all. Penny, however, did not. Caly was the only one she didn't growl at... so we took her home. She is sweet, but aloof. She is also slow (for a greyhound), and Penny picks on her for it, but she never gives up and fights the good fight.

8fb7a7a7-78e1-4b2a-bf2e-501ab89a592b_zps70464c65-9e6d-429e-9872-f5e474bb4211_zps46bd76fe-9736-4830-9555-ac1cc8e68672_zps2ac3d63b-6c4c-4b5d-9b6d-069285d87b0a_zps

Hi :wave Hope to meet you at GIG if we go this year.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thanks for posting photos of all your beautiful girls.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest steveo225

@AZGreyGirl I noticed you have a cat named Calypso, that's awesome. That is Caly's full name, after the Greek Titan Atlas' daughter. Plus I love calico cats.

Hi Steve and welcome. What great descriptions of your girls and so cute too.

I would so love to go to GIG. It combines two of my favorite things - greyhounds and history. But I live in Louisiana so I won't be going anytime soon. However, I do spend a lot of time on your site, dreaming of going.

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD