Online Food Ordering

Guest SugarFire

Guest SugarFire

Soooo, researching options to save money on good dog food and came across this website:

Www.petfooddirect.com

Has anyone used them? If so what has been your experience? They seems to have fair prices, free shipping and added discounts if you place the food on auto ship. If not, any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Guest Clawsandpaws

Maybe someone will correct me, but it looks like a lot of those prices are very close to the price would pay in store (I am looking at Diamond naturals, ToTW and blue buffalo) I happen to love shopping at pet stores (I always bring my Dud of course) so it's not worth it for me to order online.

However, I do know people who use similar websites and love the convenience!

Soooo, researching options to save money on good dog food and came across this website:

Www.petfooddirect.com

Has anyone used them? If so what has been your experience? They seems to have fair prices, free shipping and added discounts if you place the food on auto ship. If not, any other recommendations?

Thanks!

love them!! order all my tripe, tripe sticks, tripe bones, and some dog food. shipping is unbelievable. it's at my door two days after ordering.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Actually, I just went on their site, and it is quiet a bit cheaper than Amazon. I am going to start ording from them.

Maybe someone will correct me, but it looks like a lot of those prices are very close to the price would pay in store (I am looking at Diamond naturals, ToTW and blue buffalo) I happen to love shopping at pet stores (I always bring my Dud of course) so it's not worth it for me to order online.

However, I do know people who use similar websites and love the convenience!

The prices are close (other than taxes) but for me hauling around 40 lb bags of dog food is too much. I love having their food delivered. Also, I feed Diamond Naturals and none of the local stores carry it.

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

We've used Wag.com and were very happy with them, although I've been getting so many coupons in the mail from PetCo Unleashed that it's been cheaper lately to buy food there. Wag offers free two-day shipping (at times, it actually arrived in one day) for orders over $50. We buy the big bag of Merrick Grain Free, so it was always over $50, anyway. Otherwise, you could always order two bags at a time.

Edited by vjgrey

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest SugarFire

Nevermind. The shipping is over $25 for one bag of dog food. I will just stick to free shipping with Amazon

$25 for shipping?!? Holy crap!! Nevermind indeed! I'll look on Amazon, I'm a prime member and am so used to free 2nd day shipping, I HATE paying for shipping! Never occurred to me they would have dog food! Awesome! ;-)

$25 for shipping?!? Holy crap!! Nevermind indeed! I'll look on Amazon, I'm a prime member and am so used to free 2nd day shipping, I HATE paying for shipping! Never occurred to me they would have dog food! Awesome! ;-)

Me too! And a lot of the food is available on subscribe and save so you can save 5% to 15% depending on how many items you subscribe to. I have more than 5 monthly subscriptions so, I get 15% off.

Guest SugarFire

We've used Wag.com and were very happy with them, although I've been getting so many coupons in the mail from PetCo Unleashed that it's been cheaper lately to buy food there. Wag offers free two-day shipping (at times, it actually arrived in one day) for orders over $50. We buy the big bag of Merrick Grain Free, so it was always over $50, anyway. Otherwise, you could always order two bags at a time.

How do you like the Merrick Grain Free? Hadn't heard of it before. Looking into it, it seems good and slightly cheaoper than the other brands I was looking at (blue buffalo grain free and wellness core)

Guest Clawsandpaws

I would hold off before buying too much online. Remember that your pup has had a vastly different diet for many years of her life (okay, I know she's still young) you may have to try several foods before you find the one that works just right for her. The plus from buying in a store is that you can return opened bags if they don't work for your dog.

For example: Anything from blue buffalo or fish based products wreck havoc on Dudleys stomach. I went through 5 brands before I found something that worked.

How do you like the Merrick Grain Free? Hadn't heard of it before. Looking into it, it seems good and slightly cheaoper than the other brands I was looking at (blue buffalo grain free and wellness core)

It's working great for us - good poops, shiny coats, and all three hounds like it. We did switch from chicken to buffalo four or five months ago, because Lucy has nutrient absorption issues and needed a "novel protein." So far, so good.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest SugarFire

I would hold off before buying too much online. Remember that your pup has had a vastly different diet for many years of her life (okay, I know she's still young) you may have to try several foods before you find the one that works just right for her. The plus from buying in a store is that you can return opened bags if they don't work for your dog.

For example: Anything from blue buffalo or fish based products wreck havoc on Dudleys stomach. I went through 5 brands before I found something that worked.

hmmm... good point!

I have heard a few dogs that can't take blue buffalo, I think it may be the really high protein.

Wow! You can return open bags?? I was looking into tast of the wild and doesn't look like they have it in any store by me... I wonder if Amazon would do the same? They are really good about returns...

Guest Clawsandpaws

hmmm... good point!

I have heard a few dogs that can't take blue buffalo, I think it may be the really high protein.

Wow! You can return open bags?? I was looking into tast of the wild and doesn't look like they have it in any store by me... I wonder if Amazon would do the same? They are really good about returns...

They sell taste of the wild at pet supermarket, there is one right by 595 on University in Davie. I know stores have different policies, but I have returned opened bags of food without issues at petsmart.

Guest SugarFire

They sell taste of the wild at pet supermarket, there is one right by 595 on University in Davie. I know stores have different policies, but I have returned opened bags of food without issues at petsmart.

Just went on totw website and saw that they do sell at petsupermarket! I guess they just don't have it online ;-) Thanks Yuri!

It took us a while but once we settled on a food (Acana), we decided to order through Petflow.com. Free shipping, I have a schedule set up and get a reminder about a week before the order is about to ship. Makes it easy for me because not many places carry this food and it saves me from impulse spending at the pet food store :lol

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I feed Merrick Grain Free to my cats. I mix a small amount in their wet food because they prefer dry food over canned. They don't like it much as the Wellness Core, but they eat it.

This site has a lot of information on different dog foods. I use it to help compare the quality of food before I buy it.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Guest FreeholdHound

I've used them with no problem, as well as WAG, and CHEWY. I price shop & look for free shipping. I can't get Harry's food at any store around me :(

I get all my dog and cat food on Amazon because I'm a Prime member too.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I feed TOTW and the particular cat food I feed is not Prime eligible for some reason <_<

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--