Iams And Eukanuba Voluntary Recall

Just posted by our local GPA on Facebook: http://www.iams.com/en_us/data_root/_pdf/8-14-13%20Iams%20Product%20Information%20Dog.pdf (If the PDF link doesn't work, go to iams.com; info's on the lower right.)

Unfortunately, it looks like the Iams green bag could be affected.

ETA: Doesn't sound like anyone needs to hit the panic button, as no illnesses have been reported yet, but just wanted to pass along the info!

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I buy the 50 lb bag at BJ's. No bag that large is listed. Thanks for the info though.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thank you going to check my bag now!

Hmmm I see nothing on there web site. I could not open the PDF you sent.

Here is another link: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm365154.htm

I think most of us here probably buy the bigger bags and are safe (at least as far as green bag Iams is concerned). The risk seems minimal regardless, thank goodness!

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

We have done well on the "green Bag" I checked my current 30# bag from Walmart 27.99 The code IS listed and the exp date matches recall. My UPC code is different ,however. I called the hot line and left inquiry.

I only see the 15 lb green bag listed; the only 30 lb bag listed for Iams is ProActive Health Large Breed Mature Adult (purple bag, looks like).

Just a caution that many of these recalls are often expanded over time to include a wider range of their food, bag sizes, etc.

Please remain watchful of your hounds reactions to these foods. Watch the manufacturer's Website, and FDA press releases.

Humans should be extra cautious to wash hands thoroughly after handling pet food, and discourage children from handling any recalled foods.

Kibble manufacturers recommend storing kibble inside it's own bag for higher safety for our pets. Even when salmonella, e-coli, etc. are not found, kibble oils do become rancid inside reused food storage containers which contaminates new food, and sickens pets. Recommendation for people who transfer kibble from bag into food storage container: Wash storage container with soap and thoroughly rinse with water between every kibble refill. Ensure container is thoroughly dry before adding new food.

We use the green bag mini chunks which is not listed. I checked codes and we are OK for now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Clawsandpaws

We use the green bag, large breed

Kibble manufacturers recommend storing kibble inside it's own bag for higher safety for our pets. Even when salmonella, e-coli, etc. are not found, kibble oils do become rancid inside reused food storage containers which contaminates new food, and sickens pets. Recommendation for people who transfer kibble from bag into food storage container: Wash storage container with soap and thoroughly rinse with water between every kibble refill. Ensure container is thoroughly dry before adding new food.

Very good to know... I think I have only washed my container once this year. GROSS!

Very good to know... I think I have only washed my container once this year. GROSS!

me too. :sofa Thanks for that, 3greytjoys!

Guest OPointyDog

This is great advice. Our GSD x grey was having mysterious intestinal issues about every 6-8 weeks, and we finally figured out that it coincided with the kibble in the bottom of the dog food bin, which had gone bad. I felt terrible, and ever since, have fed out of the bag and then thrown the bag away before starting another!

Guest JessieRahl

I have to admit I'm guilty of not washing my container out recently... :sofa

When the bin is empty I'll most definitely be scrubbing it out. If I can fit it, I'll try keeping it in the bag inside the container.

I just pop the bag inside the container.

That is what I do.

I called today and was told, no Large Breed in the green bag was affected.

Thank You. I was going to check as my Border Collie eats that food.

This is great advice. Our GSD x grey was having mysterious intestinal issues about every 6-8 weeks, and we finally figured out that it coincided with the kibble in the bottom of the dog food bin, which had gone bad. I felt terrible, and ever since, have fed out of the bag and then thrown the bag away before starting another!

I save the old bag until the new bag is finished. Just in case there is a recall on the last bag after I have finished it.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb