Hello From Virginia

Guest heathertrent

Guest heathertrent

Hello, my name is Michelle. I live about half way between Fredericksburg and Culpeper in Virginia. My journey started last August when I saw my first greyhound in Petsmart and fell in love! I came home and spent hours on the internet reading about them. I ordered a couple of greyhound books, then checked out everything my local library had on them.

I adopted my sweet boy on September 9 last year. His registered name was Rico's Autometer, but we renamed him Riley. He is such an amazing dog! He has some food sensitivities that we finally have under control. I am thrilled to have found a group of people that loves greyhounds as much as I do.

Welcome! We love to see pics of Riley.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I just looked him up on Greyhound Data ( http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=qBpGGY&d=Rico%27s+Autometer&x=30&y=11 ) and he's certainly a handsome boy!

Welcome to GT :wave

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest NRN13

Hello! I'm also from Virginia (NoVa). We adopted our girl just yesterday and are already in love. We are helping her with stairs, leash walking, and relaxing! She's doing well. Her racing name is Rico's Azeri - I wonder if they are related or just from the same owner? We are calling her Cleo. She is a young girl (will be 2 in September) and a real sweetie. We are excited to begin our greyhound journey! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how!

:wave Welcome Michelle and Riley! You've come to the right place. Looking forward to pictures of your handsome boy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest heathertrent

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how, lol.

NRN13 I looked your girl up on the greyhound database site. They do have some ancestors in common four or five generations back so they would be cousins!

Guest heathertrent

Thank you everyone. I have owned several different breeds of dogs over the years but none of them compare to my Riley. I am excited to get to know others who are as greyhound obsessed as me!

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Hello from Manassas, VA! Do people from this site ever do meet-ups? Because I'd love to hang out with some other greyhound people outside of Luna's rescue group's monthly Petsmart meet & greet.

PS: Your pup's maternal great-grandfather is my girl's paternal grandfather :)

PPS: I see that you got him through Greyhound Rescue, Inc! That's where I got Luna!

Edited by LunaTheGreyt

Hello from Manassas, VA! Do people from this site ever do meet-ups? Because I'd love to hang out with some other greyhound people outside of Luna's rescue group's monthly Petsmart meet & greet.

There is a monthly greyhound playgroup at Frying Pan Park in Herndon. Join the listserv for more info.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/greyhoundplaygroup/

Our grey girls are all in the double digits, so we no longer go. However, its fun for the younger dogs without physical issues.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest LunaTheGreyt

There is a monthly greyhound playgroup at Frying Pan Park in Herndon. Join the listserv for more info.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/greyhoundplaygroup/

Our grey girls are all in the double digits, so we no longer go. However, its fun for the younger dogs without physical issues.

Awesome! I will definitey join the group. Thank you!

Guest heathertrent

PS: Your pup's maternal great-grandfather is my girl's paternal grandfather :)

PPS: I see that you got him through Greyhound Rescue, Inc! That's where I got Luna!

I would love to get together with other greyhound people in my area. I can't drive to NOVA due to health reasons, it is too far. I wish I could find a group in the Culpeper area.

I love Greyhound Rescue, Inc. they are awesome!! I think NRN13 (see above) might have another cousin of Luna's, named Cleo. My goodness, we could have a family reunion.

Guest NRN13

Yay, another cousin! Hi Luna from Cleo. We are in Annandale and would love to meet up with NoVa people and their pups. Is there anything in the works? I signed up for that Frying Pan Park yahoo group but don't see any dates. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Michelle, wish you lived closer!

Yay, another cousin! Hi Luna from Cleo. We are in Annandale and would love to meet up with NoVa people and their pups. Is there anything in the works? I signed up for that Frying Pan Park yahoo group but don't see any dates. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Playgroup, Thursday August 15th and future dates.

Hello,

Playgroup is back to the third Thursday this month -- August 15 @ 8:00PM.

Success at scheduling for the third Thursday in the following months has been

hit-and-miss. Here's advanced notice of scheduled dates for the next few months

so you can mark your calendars:

September 19th

October 24th

November 21st

December 19th

Skritch a hound and have good day,

Kevin and Noel

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest LunaTheGreyt

I joined and got a message that they meet at FPP on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8PM. I think it's $6 per session or $36 for a year. If it's cool enough next week I think we'll go! (September 19th, October 24th, November 21st, December 19th are the next dates).

Playgroup, Thursday August 15th and future dates.

Hello,

Playgroup is back to the third Thursday this month -- August 15 @ 8:00PM.

Success at scheduling for the third Thursday in the following months has been

hit-and-miss. Here's advanced notice of scheduled dates for the next few months

so you can mark your calendars:

September 19th

October 24th

November 21st

December 19th

Skritch a hound and have good day,

Kevin and Noel

Hahaha I didn't see this before I posted!

Yay! Thank you so much, I hadn't seen the message! Do we need to rsvp/sign-up or just show up? I'm assuming muzzles for all?

Can't wait!

Nicole and Cleo

Guest LunaTheGreyt

Yay! Thank you so much, I hadn't seen the message! Do we need to rsvp/sign-up or just show up? I'm assuming muzzles for all?

Can't wait!

Nicole and Cleo

I think you just show up, but bring $6. And yes, muzzles for all! They also suggest bringing a towel (I might bring some baby wipes) for clean-up. We will hopefully see you guys there next week! :)